How long did it take ??

Just a quick one please guys,

After passing CBT & Theory in the last few weeks on Saturday I have a riding assessment to see where about' I go with regards to lessons etc, I am hoping that with Mod 1 being about manuvers I will be in for the test sooner rather than later as I do feel confident on most of it.

My question is really how long did it take everyone to pass their test from CBT to finish, will I be looking at ages or is it a fairly rapid process.

I already can't seem to stop looking at the next step up in bikes :-)

You are limited by when you can get a date to do your tests on. This depends on how busy your test centers are. As a very rough guess you could probably get it all done in under 3 months if you stayed focused.

Some people pass their CBT and stick on 125's for a bit before even attempting their full test. But it can be done in a couple of days with one of the intensive courses....or a few weeks if you get lucky with test dates and you have the necessary ability that your instructor feels you are ready.... 8-)

Check out my Sig for the answer to your question :raspberry:

More seriously though it really depends how the dates all fall into place / school bookings and test availability as well as getting time off from work to do it. I did have about 3-4 years riding experience from 20 years ago though so that did help with getting me comfortable back on a bike after all that time.

A month for me. Though, I'd have done it in a week if the test dates were available! I was so eager and had my bike all ready for me and actually rode it back from the training company lol.

Just you be careful Stan.

You seem to have overlooked one thing.............

You should start practicing your grin now and get this perfected before you pass otherwise it will smart a tad when you realise it won't come off! Just start off slowly...

All the best with test dates etc and I hope it doesn't take too long.

Let us know when you pass and we'll sort a ride out

I thought it was a pretty universal process across Europe these days hence all the changes.

It's really not that bad, just expensive.

I don't envy people who are doing their licences in the UK, the whole process sounds like such a ball ache...

I think it appears much worse than it actually is, once you start doing lessons etc it all seems to make sense and fall in to place. I actually think having your off road tests on mod 1 is better than having them combined in the one test.

I completed mine in a couple of weeks in Sept/Oct last year from CBT to Mod 2 pass and I am a few years older than the OP. Your previous traffic experience will help, assuming you are a car driver and it is just a case of getting used the two wheel environment. I see in another topic you already have a 125 so you are more than able to progress to the bigger stuff on an intensive course. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Us old dogs can learn new tricks. :)

Mine was around 4 months Stan. I did need three attempts at the MOD 1 but got MOD 2 first time. I had two hour lessons each week but had to change bikes in between due to the law changing half way through my training! :roll: Another hold up was due to the examiners being on strike so had a MOD 1 cancelled! :roll: I had ridden bikes back in the 70's and had been driving cars since then so had to get back into it. It was expensive but worth every penny once I passed and I am so glad I did it. Big grin factor now. :D

As others have said, it does depend on training and test dates available, but also if you fail or pass too.

For me it took quite a while, I did a full 6 session direct access which included CBT, 3 days on a 600, day for mod 1 and day for mod 2. I spread my training out over my next payday so I could afford it, so I did my CBT and then 1 day on the 600 then had to wait 3 weeks until I got back on the 600 for the next 2 lessons.

Then I failed my Mod 1 three times so I had to wait around 2 weeks each time for slots for them and then failed my mod 2 once and was initially told I had to wait over a month for the retest! Thankfully, They phoned me up with a cancellation booking so I managed to get it in 2 weeks after I failed. (The minimum is a 10 day wait for mod 2 retest)

So all in all, I passed my CBT on 23rd Feb 2014 and Passed my Mod 2 on 30th May 2014. So just over 3 months for me in total.

All the best with test dates etc and I hope it doesn't take too long.

Let us know when you pass and we'll sort a ride out

Certainly will Deso, I have Gary as my instructor but due to them being in high demand can't get my next lesson till 2 July now, he said he wants us to go for a good ride out on the Kawasaki then the next lesson will start getting ready for Mod 1 (I have practised the Mod 1 exercises a lot on my 125 so hopefully I will be in for that sooner rather then later).