Leather jacket in the rain

Afternoon.

Rode to work today forgetting my waterproof jacket..

Unfortunately it looks like it's going to rain before i get home. So question being. Will my jacket get ruined in the rain (20-30minute ride) i heard leather will shrink if it gets wet? Also do i need do do anything specific to dry it or just hang it up?

I've never had a jacket shrink on me - even after using it day in, day out in the rain.

Don't be tempted to dry it quickly on a radiator or something as they can go a bit crispy and you'll end up having to spend hours gently massaging nikwax in to it. :-)

You knicked my answer joe.

Seriously, had this happen quite often, I have two jackets I can use. Dry it out naturally in a draft in the sun light. I hang mine in the window with the top vent open, then treat with leather geinie. It brings the leather back to being suple and gives some degree of water proofing.

Luckily it didn't rain :)

Back to using my textile as its much easier to dry out. i also don't care if it gets dirty where as my leather jacket is nice :D

I have a pair of textile trousers that have shrunk, they keep popping open at the waist which never used to happen when I first got them. The only explanation is they have shrunk, I refuse to believe its anything else :mrgreen:

I have a pair of textile trousers that have shrunk, they keep popping open at the waist which never used to happen when I first got them. The only explanation is they have shrunk, I refuse to believe its anything else :mrgreen:

I have the exact same problem. Im glad its not just me!!

May be worth keeping one of those really thin waterproof jackets they sell in camping shops under your seat or in a tail bag next time.

May be worth keeping one of those really thin waterproof jackets they sell in camping shops under your seat or in a tail bag next time.

Normally i carry a thin set in my tank bag. but i didn't have them with my that day :D Typical eh?

my jacket tends to shrink after christmas... it must be cold. absolutely nothing to do with all the food :mrgreen:

i rode from sheffield to padstow (cornwall) in heavy rain in my leather jacket, i was soaked but the jacket was fine after it dried out.