Gear Pedal Getting Stuck

MitchCBR

Last night on my bike as i was approaching a junction in 3rd, i shifted down and the gear pedal wouldn't go any lower so i though it was in 1st and i stalled going round the junction (new rider too so not a lot of experience). i found out that the problem is when i shifted down the pedal didn't lift itself back up for me to change down again and had to manually lift the pedal back up to shift down into 1st.

what could the problem be for this? (hopefully not a strip down as i don't have a clue what to do!)

Cheers in advance.

Welcome to TMBF mate......pop over to the newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys.....they're more likely to help if you do this first.... :)

Anyway.....sounds like the lever or rod are catching on something.....kneel down beside the lever and move it by hand and see if the mechanism is catching on something.... :wink: