phone sat nav

The signal depends on the phone, not the app. CoPilot has served me well for several years now......across several phones..... 8-)

Fixed speed cameras are all in there......and there's three distance options at which it will give a visual and audible warning...... 8-)

It also works well with my bluetooth headset.

Be warned though.....it will rinse your phone battery if you don't have it plugged into a charger on longer journeys.... :shock:

It will give 3 route options......but the route is editable by dragging......and you can set way points too. It also gives junction visuals to indicate which lane you should be in.

I really recommend this app..... 8-)

I run Co-Pilot and use an ultimate addons mount and can echo what Tango said. A well recommended app but needs a power supply. You can connect your ultimate addons charger directly to the battery but if you're in any way electrically skilled you should be able to run it through a switched relay so you can't drain your battery when the ignition is off.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/14/04feb3f4277614209227dfae1ba5ca85.jpg

You would have to leave the phone connected for a very long time before it kills the battery!

You will probably use more power turning the ignition on with the lights on for 20 seconds than a phone will draw in a few hours!

And what makes you think that the indicator is correct?

If it's as bad as that then you want to be checking out your charging system before adding more load although I doubt there is anything wrong with it

well its time to get a multimeter and start a thread in the pitstop section and we will get to the bottom of it for you :wink:

if you suspect the charging system and want to add more load best to get it sorted first :)

Another plus for Co pilot here. I downloaded it after reading a post on here and have been well pleased with it. Got me all the way down to Essex and back with no problems. I also got a mount and charging lead for it off the bay and didn't cost much at all. :D

Google navigate is pretty good. Free too.

Only really good if you're going to a single destination though - can't do any route calcs off-line either.

On the other hand it's quick and easy to pre-cache map areas.

Another free one is Waze. Has all cameras on there and new ones are added by users. Routes can be a bit random but its always upto date as if its not you report an issue. I have used for 2 years on sales (60k miles). Also you can choose a bike as your icon :)

Rich

So then, about Co-Pilot... I've just downloaded it and it says I can use it free for 14 days - what happens after that? Is there something to pay?

Yeah....it's about £20 to get the license for it after the 14 days.... 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone has a windows 8 nokia then there 'here drive' app is excellent. Seems to work offline and has not got me lost yet. Its good enough and gives speech warnings in early enough time that I use it with the phone in my pocket (can't see screen) and still no issues.