DAS starts saturday! Mod 1 and 2 Passed!!

Guest Kc9400

Can't wait to get this out of the way and get the bike out of the garage.

Training Saturday and then Mod 1 test is Monday morning, so long as all goes well Mod 2 is the following Monday.

It feels like a second christmas! Getting that excited feeling like I'm a kid again!

Rain or shine be awesome to get this done and dusted.

Update:

Mod 1 passed 19/01/2014

Mod 2 passed 23/01/2015

Edited by Anonymous

Well I've officially had my first slide. In the training area practising for the emergency stop and getting use to getting up to speed. I went at it a little bit faster than I should have, in doing so I then reaslied I still had to stop when he put his hand up and successfully snatched at the brakes causing the bike to slide out under me. My mistake? I focused too much on getting up to speed.

Lesson learnt: Progressive braking! and also my protective gear works :)

Walked away from it with a couple of knocks. I did a couple of hundred quid worth of damages to the instructors bike :-/ I think I felt worse than he did as he was more concerned with me being ok than the bike.

Got right back on it and now just to ensure I get things right tomorrow morning. 8:15am bring it on and hopefully the weather holds out.

The instructor and I agreed that the weather conditions were unsuitable and that the test couldn't be conducted in a safe manner.

Hopefully I'll get another slot for tomorrow and the weather will have improved.

Fingers x'd

Ouch, glad you're uninjured and the instructor was decent with you about it :D Hope he had crash bars installed for just such an occasion.

Yup, crash bars saved my leg. Bent the crash bars though and snapped the bracket going to the exhaust.

Kawasaki zr-7 is what I'm on.

A little disappointed today as no test until next Monday now, Mod 2 will then be the week after. Shame but on a plus note that gives me another 2 days on the bike to prep for the mod 1 :D

Practice makes perfect =) As said before, take it slow and build your speed up.

When you do your emergency stop just do it slowly (not to slowly mind) roll off throttle. grip the front brake and apply untill you feel it bite then slowly add more pressure while gently applying the rear brake. Do not grab your clutch untill you're about to stop, additional braking so you'll stop slower. It's not a fail if you stall it only a minor.

Good luck for monday!

ooo glad you were ok, and at least it didn't put you off and you still want to carry on! :D Everyone makes mistake (The training bike I was on had it's fair share of drops from me :lol: )

It's annoying having to wait a while for the tests but at least it's not to long, I was going to have to wait 5 weeks for my Mod 2 retest, but luckily a cancellation slot came up within 2 weeks.

Best of luck to you!

Takes more than a little slide to put me off :)

Yeah, the wait is killing me. Seeing the bike every day in the garage when I get my pushbike out is difficult :P

Just want to pop the battery back in and go for a ride!

Fortunately I've enough sense to know that is a bad idea and shall just have to be patient.

Thanks for the messages of luck etc.

Mod 1 Passed!

I had a slight moment where I thought "Ah, that may have cost me the test."

On the emergency stop I took the first attempt nice and relaxed and went through at 45kph. Knew it wasn't enough speed but needed to make sure I was comfortable.

Second attempt went through at 54kph, a little over the necessary and I used my front and rear brake. I went a little heavy on the rear (no abs, so no cheating :P ) I felt it start to slide a little so came off the rear brake a bit. I maintained control of the bike though so it was still considered safe.

Glad that's out of the way, now onto the mod 2!

Mod 1 Passed!

I had a slight moment where I thought "Ah, that may have cost me the test."

On the emergency stop I took the first attempt nice and relaxed and went through at 45kph. Knew it wasn't enough speed but needed to make sure I was comfortable.

Second attempt went through at 54kph, a little over the necessary and I used my front and rear brake. I went a little heavy on the rear (no abs, so no cheating :P ) I felt it start to slide a little so came off the rear brake a bit. I maintained control of the bike though so it was still considered safe.

Glad that's out of the way, now onto the mod 2!

did you get a minor for the slide? or did they let you off since you controlled it?