Spark plug problem

Sunsprie

Hi everyone, I have a yamaha virago, when it rained the bike used to stall, I seen a spark coming from the ignition coil so I got it changed. After I changed it the spark plug has began to spark. I took it to my local garage but he couldn't figure it out. I'm no expert but when he changed the coil the cover on to the spark plug was different and did not cover it as much as the original but it's not completely showing either. This didn't happen before until he changed the coil. Any ideas? I must add the spark appears to be coming through the rubber part but there is not holes are anything.

I'll try to attach a short video.

https://vimeo.com/124043244

if your "mechanic" claims this is not the problem then I suggest you find a new mechanic

preferably one that knows what he is doing

have you also replaced the plug?

you are getting the spark due to a crap earth on the plug

the plug is earthed through the head on the bike where it screws in

an old plug will be corroded if its been getting wet

this is a really simple fix that I think you should look at sorting yourself

also whats your location? if your close to another member they may be willing to help so fill out your profile properly to give us a clue :thumb:

I'm not sure if he changed the plug, as I said it never happened before until he changed the coil and the cap that goes round the spark plug. I think I will buy new plugs an caps and do it myself. It's a real pain in the arse to be honest. I am located in Belfast.

I'm not sure if he changed the plug, as I said it never happened before until he changed the coil and the cap that goes round the spark plug. I think I will buy new plugs an caps and do it myself. It's a real pain in the arse to be honest. I am located in Belfast.

It might be happening now because your new coil has more oomph and so can produce enough power to do that. I'd look at getting it fixed quickly though or you may end up damaging your new coil.