12.04.2015 - SouthEast Shandy Drinkers& Cambridge meetup

Hope no one minds me making this Ridout Report thread - I thought it'd be a better place to put our pictures, videos and any chat regarding the awesome rideout today (seeing as we currently have 2 separate threads for it for South East and Cambridge peeps). A huge thans to Phil and Mr Fro who arranged it :mrgreen: ! And for the non slip stuff Phil :mrgreen: .

...had so much fun today, sorry Fozzles & I didn't do the last leg but would've taken us hours to get back and Fozzles is up v early for work and some general life stuff to do before next week - and tbf I was *majorly* struggling on the ride home anyway! Was a very successful, very fun ride and I got to put more names to faces and drool at lots of shiney bikes. A huge thankyou to Tango for letting me ride pillion again - apart from my arse not wanting to stay on the seat, it was immense, like old times! I was giggling ang grinning like crazy and got a few good pics where I could (when the wind wasn't battling the camera and when the settings didn't keep changing cos I couldn't feel myself pressing buttons in my bike gloves)!

I will get more pics up later - but this is the group photo :thumb:

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/BikerMooFromMars/Rideout%2004%202015%20Shandy%20Drinkers%20and%20Cambs%20TMBFers/P1010505b_zps9utt9wyg.jpg

You guys rock!

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

Just got in...right on time for the MotoGP...

not tired at all..I could have another 100 miles!!!

Great fun, nice to see all these faces...look how happy we look!! :D

Hahaha, I know! I have SO many pics...I've edited up to the fuel-up so far. Just seen a close-up of you! Didn't get many with you in though, must've been much further ahead of us :mrgreen: .

Trying to bash em out as quick as I can cos I wanted to drive my cage tonight :lol: Doubt I'll finish today - I'll put up what I get done before I hit the hay 8-)

not tired at all..I could have another 100 miles :D

You young uns!

I'm knackered :lol:

We got back about 6.30ish

We got back at 5ish and I went to bed hahahaha! Just had a lil rest - was v sore, and the ride back the buffeting from the wind on the M25/M23 was mental too!! Chris and I both had a hand on our helmets to stop our heads being pushed around so much and I had to ask for a break at services :shock: ! Shouting to him, wind in my face, to pull over at 80mph was v hard!!!

Was a fab day though, glad we came and I got more pics to make my monthly Photoshop subscription worth it :mrgreen: ! Hahaha! :lol:

not tired at all..I could have another 100 miles :D

You young uns!

I'm knackered :lol:

We got back about 6.30ish

get yourself a 675 daytona!!

you won't be getting of it :lol:

675 Street Triple - may do the trick

Excellent day out guys.....so nice to meet some more of you guys and put faces to names......and also great to meet up again with some familiar faces...... 8-)

Big thanks to Phil and Fro for sorting the route......and also leading it and riding tail-end charlie...... 8-)

You know you're always welcome on Speedy, Moo...... 8-)

Yeah....agree with Mandy, deffo feeling old now....... :wink:

Looking forward to more pics and vids...... 8-)

pretty good turn out

I was contemplating whether to get a hotel room overnight and ride down yesterday but spent way too much recently on the upcoming of my europe trip so decided against it!

so whos who? left to right we have bob and mandy fill the rest in someone starting from the geezer behind mandy you can skip joe with the silly grin in the middle I have met him :lol: :lol:

dont forget mallory next week everyone :thumb:

pretty good turn out

I was contemplating whether to get a hotel room overnight and ride down yesterday but spent way too much recently on the upcoming of my europe trip so decided against it!

so whos who? left to right we have bob and mandy fill the rest in someone starting from the geezer behind mandy you can skip joe with the silly grin in the middle I have met him :lol: :lol:

dont forget mallory next week everyone :thumb:

Behind Mandy is Hadster's mate (I'm crap with names... :oops: ), next is KD79, Hadster, Glorian, Joeman, Fozzie, Moo, Phil Young, Nickolees and a 10ft

tall Mr Fro....... :wink:

I'm not that tall in real life - I think Moo must have had the camera wonky or something. :-)

It was good to meet y'all, old and new and thanks to them wot organised it.

Yay, video footage!

Here are some of my pics - about 10 mins past the petrol station so still got a lot to go!! Check back to see the rest in the next few days...

http://s766.photobucket.com/user/BikerM ... Fers/story

Was hard to take pics as it was a bigger camera, a windy day and I didn't want to damage it as the lens extends but did alright despite that :mrgreen: mostly piccs of us all chatting or in 30-40mph zones

Edited by BikerMooFromMars

Yay, video footage!

Here are some of my pics - about 10 mins past the petrol station so still got a lot to go!! Check back to see the rest in the next few days...

Slideshow: http://s766.photobucket.com/user/BikerM ... ers'Story':

'Story' (this view is pretty cool tbh!): http://s766.photobucket.com/user/BikerM ... Fers/story

Was hard to take pics as it was a bigger camera, a windy day and I didn't want to damage it as the lens extends but did alright despite that :mrgreen: mostly piccs of us all chatting or in 30-40mph zones

Nice!!

first link is not working though!!

Aw, I like me in b&w!!

is that a standard photobucket layout or did you made it up yourself??looks great!

That was a wicked day out folks. Apologies I wasn't around much for it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..."Ride your own ride" and all that :lol:

Great route, excellent social, burger king... great day. The best thing is, this route (or around the essex area) can easily be done again by London & Cambridge lot since it's roughly an hour away from both ends so we can all meet up again in the near future :)

The second part worked very well with effectively two groups... that was when things started to get a bit more flowing so to speak and then the way back for me Joe & Nik was much faster than taking the motorway :twisted:

Really enjoyable day guys, thanks for all making an appearance. Today was a nice end to the weekend.

I'll put my video together for viewing on Tuesday :)

Nice!!

first link is not working though!!

Aw, I like me in b&w!!

is that a standard photobucket layout or did you made it up yourself??looks great!

I've just deleted the slideshow link cos it was pants, and I prefer the Story layout - you can click to enlarge too :thumb:

Nah, I just made an album and it says 'Story' under the share links - I think it looks great - they've stolen the idea from Google+ I think.

756095732_ScreenShot2015-04-13at07_01_06.png.8becc19d5221f264734cb9513aabe09c.png

That was a wicked day out folks. Apologies I wasn't around much for it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..."Ride your own ride" and all that :lol:

The second part worked very well with effectively two groups... that was when things started to get a bit more flowing so to speak and then the way back for me Joe & Nik was much faster than taking the motorway :twisted:

I'm wondering if with bigger groups there can be a different marking system, one for a fast group and one for a steady going group. Can work it out at some point :)

Only reason was, that first bit where I was chasing you was brilliant fun. I was at the redline in most gears, trying to make up lost ground in the bends. The only thing was I came up on some cars a bit too late to overtake as you had, and opportunities dried up. Then once I was a marker, working my way up the group sometimes felt a bit bad as the best opportunity would be with a bend in sight ahead and I was worried I'd unsettle someone!

Was stuck with a number of others behind a premier inn truck for ages! God that was annoying. In the end I got by and it was fun after that as I got about 10 minutes of on the limiter, ear to ear on the tyre riding before I came up and caught up to someone. Got real worried the next marker would have thought we'd be lost and moved on!

Was a good jaunt, even if I could only do half. Back tyre is full of tyre weld, and Moo's knee was in agony and we had to stop on the M25 for a break. Will look at what's closer and see if I can piece a route together so you're not always doing it Phil :wink: