Stuff you carry with you??

In a tail pack, spare visor, spare headlight protector, cable ties, dry chain lube, fogtech dx, allen key mini tool, 2 sidestand pucks, spec wipes, bungees, spare snood, can of red bull.

A phone with charge, credit and recovery and insurance numbers, although I also carry money with me in the event that leaving the bike somewhere and getting the bus is the better option that pushing it home.

The basic tool kit that came with the bike (replaced for sturdier like for like tools), electrical tape and spare L plates (in the event mr plod doesn't like how I've got them set up) and allen keys.

Everything else depends on what season I'm riding in, for example during winter I used to carry all my work clothing and items all the time however now that the weathers a little warmer I travel as lightly as possible leaving all possible items at work, no more than my locks and a bottle of water at this time of year.

within the UK. my 'emergency only' phone. which has 3 numbers on it. Rescue. Dog at home. and ICE (next of kin) - Dog at home is my neighbours number, she has a key and if something happens to me the dog wont starve to death.

outside the UK. stopNgo puncture kit. pump. multitool. bulb kit and tools needed to change bulbs. plus phone. passport. driving license. insurance certificate and health card.

I put stuff under my seat and leave it there all the time.

Tools (multi tool allan key wrench tyre pressure gauge mini torch breakdown card)

Water proof trousers

water proof jacket

A cloth, nothing worse than being out on jeans and coming back finding it's rained and your seat is soaked..

RantMachine's Standard Issue Do-Not-Leave-Home-Without Equipment:

Pockets - Phone, Wallet (with a few emergency contacts in case someone finds me smeared across a wall somewhere, or I bin the bike and break my phone in the process), Cigarettes if I'm going through one of my smoking phases.

BMW's topbox - Spare fuses, lithium grease (bought as a temporary fix for a nasty creak while riding around the peak district last year), coffee stained hi-vis vest (not to be worn while riding), several old copies of the Big Issue, Mars bar wrappers, loose cable ties, couple of helmet bags, spare gloves, girlfriend's helmet, Neurofen, Berocca. I am not good about emptying it.

Panniers on the Lexmoto (before its untimely demise) - Choice parts of socket set for tensioning the cheap nasty chain while on long rides, emergency camping gear in case it breaks down in the middle of nowhere :lol: (Coffin tent, mini sleeping bag, 3/4 size ground mat).

RantMachine's Standard Issue Do-Not-Leave-Home-Without Equipment:

Pockets - Phone, Wallet (with a few emergency contacts in case someone finds me smeared across a wall somewhere, or I bin the bike and break my phone in the process), Cigarettes if I'm going through one of my smoking phases.

BMW's topbox - Spare fuses, lithium grease (bought as a temporary fix for a nasty creak while riding around the peak district last year), coffee stained hi-vis vest (not to be worn while riding), several old copies of the Big Issue, Mars bar wrappers, loose cable ties, couple of helmet bags, spare gloves, girlfriend's helmet, Neurofen, Berocca. I am not good about emptying it.

Panniers on the Lexmoto (before its untimely demise) - Choice parts of socket set for tensioning the cheap nasty chain while on long rides, emergency camping gear in case it breaks down in the middle of nowhere :lol: (Coffin tent, mini sleeping bag, 3/4 size ground mat).

This is currently my favourite :D

Puncture repair kit, bike tool kit, clear visor if out with a dark visor, visor wipes, side stand support for soft ground parking, padlock, waterproofs, phone and wallet.

Hmmm maybe I should invest in a puncture repair kit as I don't have one!

Like most I carry wallet, few tools and cable ties, chain and oil if im away for the weekend, and some waterproof overalls. Having said that I ride for fun not work so I don't need to worry quite as much about mechanical issues

Bloody hell, I bet some of you barely move with all the weight!

'Phone, driving licence and credit card is all you need. :-)

lol It is until you need them!

I usually have usual stuff in my pockets and then then a backpack of gopro stuff, my digital camera & portable charger with usually about 4 leads to charge all my devices :lol:

In pockets, mobile, alarm fob and home keys, work keys if going to work. Wallet, baccy and lighter. In seat compartment, a sidestand puck, cargo net, tie backpack, undergloves (although coming out for summer) and thats all i can fit in there. Going to organise and put a tool kit together

• 1 month later...
Phone, cards, a bit of cash...........and a huge bag of optimism....... :wink:

Frequently followed by a Bonneville with allen keys, waterproofs, side stand puck, bungees, camera, TMBF tag numbers..........

Or by a Speed Four with....................nothing