Food for work

mealexme

Ok, so this probably has no place on a motorbike forum, but hey

At the moment I'm buying a sandwich, packet of crisps and a choccy bar or two for lunch and its costing me £2-£3 a go. Also, its boring, but because I work nights, I usually have one night a week where I'm awake and not working, which gets pretty boring, so if I could spend that night making food for the week ahead and save myself a few quid while I'm, at it, its a win win.

So does anyone have any recommendations for full meals that I can take to work, which aren't sandwiches?

Is what i do is buy chicken in bulk, then i cook up a load at a time like at the weekend i cooked 12, 6 with madras seasoning and 6 with Jamaican jerk, i then freeze them.

On a weekly basis i normally get some peppers,red chili, baby sweetcorn, mange tout etc and cut it all up and stir fry it then seperate it out into 5 containers and along with a chicken breast i take it to work, if i cant get to a microwave i can eat it cold. You can add pasta/rice if you want more.

Then if i have any leftovers from dinners like spag bol, curry then i box that up and take it in aswell.

I hate buying sandwiches and crisps as you normally spend at least £4 or £5.

Preparation is the key!!

Spag Bol, chilly, burritos, curry, loads of stuff you can make, and you can make the sources in large quantities and freeze in small tubs.

Can put spag bol, curry, etc into a wrap :P

Combining 2 ideas here.

Also you could use a flask to keep things hot for a good while aswell. If you feel like eating something less healthy pot noodles are an option.

I've got chicken wraps today (courtesy of moo)

Try to get the chocolate bar out of the diet, your body will thank you :)

I usually have a light babybel cheese, 4 half sarnies, a packet of low fat crisps, a yoghurt, and muesli bar of some sort and sometimes a small bag of nuts.

It's costing me barely £10 a week and I'm getting 1000 calories in at lunch (avid gym goer) so you could easily go in with half of that, which would match in quantity what you have now and save a lot of dosh over the year.

Bring a camping stove to work and use that to heat your food instead :P

Why not? :D

I make random things easy to eat with good kick to 'em, Sweet chilli pickle and coleslaw ham sandwhich, Mixed leaf garlic crouton spicy chicken salad. any form of leftovers is always good to. Another good one is soup. So many flavours and varieties with a roll or 2 with them fill you right up!!

Could make salads and bring them in? No microwave needed. Obviously the good kind with bits of meat or cheese, none of that rabbit food.

Nothing wrong with rabbit food, Ollie. As long as the nutritious stuff is there also.

As my old uncle used to say ... 'You too can have a body like mine if you're not careful' !

Then if i have any leftovers from dinners like spag bol, curry then i box that up and take it in aswell.

leftovers? What are those?

I have, in the past, cooked a couple of pizza's to take some to work the next day. I ended up just eating them both there and then...