Set of textiles for year round commute to work

Hello again.

I plan on using a TW125 to commute to and from work year round. My journey is approx 3-4 miles through traffic. I'll also use the bike for general commuting around town.

Would RST Blade textile jacket and jeans be overkill? Surely better than think work trousers and a normal coat!

Hello mate. No such thing as overkill with your gear - buy the best you can afford! It's the one thing between you and the road and miserable wetness.

A small shower will let water in.

I'd have to disagree, I've had both of the items mentioned in the OP for a few months and haven't had any issues or signs of leeks, commuting through the worst rain I've ridden in thus far this morning and held every last drop off.

Warm, comfortable, solid protection, decent price and quality.. cannot go wrong.

Only qualm is how finicky the thermal layer is to remove from the trousers, don't get much warm weather so not really an issue :lol:

Like I said, not waterproof.

I remember it from a different post, similar conversation, fault pair possibly?

From many reviews and personal experience this isn't the norm.

Thanks guys! Think I'll go with the rsts - I posted the same question on a local Facebook group and someone uses the blade series for commuting too and couldn't recommended them enough.

Appreciate the help all

I use some fairly basic stuff, revit jacket and J&S trousers. if it really hurls it down i have waterproof top and trousers that are large enough to fit over my kit stored under my seat cost me £20 from blacks