I accidentally dropped my lid and broke it, after a replacement but unfortunately don't have a lot of money to spare.

Im going to try and not be too tight as my old lid was a nitro one and if I'm honest, I never really liked it and it let it

WAY too much wind and noise for my liking.

Can anyone recommend anything?

What sort of budget are you looking at?

I've heard good things about Box helmets but never owned one myself

Can be had for around £50 here

http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... e_0/max_20

I personally like AGV and Nolan helmets, i currently have a Nolan N86 which is comfy and not too noisy, but a little more pricey. I got mine in the sale for £120.

Max I can spend at the moment is around £70, I'll keep looking cheers for the help guys,

I've seen a nice looking AGV one, my mate has an expensive AGV one and he swears by it

Max I can spend at the moment is around £70, I'll keep looking cheers for the help guys,

I've seen a nice looking AGV one, my mate has an expensive AGV one and he swears by it

My first helmet was an AGV the equivalent of what the K3 is now i think, i was impressed with the fit and quality, did me very well for 3 years on a daily 50 mile round trip to work and back. :thumb:

I use a box helmet for commuting.

Around £70 when bought in the sales a couple of years back.

Done a 3000 mile or so with it and to be honest for the brass I can't complain.

Internal sun visor etc.

I got my daughter a Box helmet, at £45, she only visits my pillion now and again so didn't want to spend hundreds of pounds. However I did want good protection!

According to the SHARP. Gov web page it scores four stars for safety.

So yes a bit cheep, but still good on safety.

We've had it a year and she's still happy with it. No complaints.

Funnily enough the bike school where I do weekend work also uses Box helmets as 'loaner' helmets for CBT learners. They have stood the test of time. Considering they have different heads in them every day (urgh!) they still have a snug fit.

I appreciate the office, but sadly I have a big head :-/

have a MT thunder in XL black, bought in haste bit too bloody big for my head, yours if you want it no cost.

been worn a couple of times is all.

MT seem decent on a budget. Crashed in a couple of them and they held up. My current daily lid is an MT Coyote flip front, no fancy stuff like sun visor or pinlock but the basic lid is comfortable, well made and less noisy than some more expensive ones I have.

Technically if it's free is he still buying it? :lol:

But yeah no offence to other forum members but I wouldn't trust my head with any helmet that's been out the box before...bby the time you find out its already had a knock, it's too late...

it actually takes quite a knock to render a helmet useless, and that kind of knock would likely leave visible marks on the surface, so a unmarked, used helmet thats not too old for free is a great offer IMO.

If the free offer proves a no go, Lids direct sell Box helmets from £45 upwards.

Problem buying a helmet online is it's very difficult to be sure it's going to fit. Not all sizes seem to be equal and they have tight spots which could prove uncomfortable unless you can try on in a local shop and then ask them to price match a website when you know it fits.

I've only been riding a couple of weeks so had no basis on what lid to go for other than I has a set budget and it had to be comfortable.

Upon actually riding I've now realised I should have got one with an internal built in dark visor seeing as sunglasses are a tight squeeze with the lid on. :(