Out with the old....

asharin

Well, wouldn't have predicted that my marriage wouldn't last a year :(

We separated back in February, which knocked me for six for a while.

But now after a little time to get over it, and a little fun messing around on Tinder, I have a new girlfriend woo :)

Nice one, can be difficult coming out of a marriage, i was married for 6 years and my ex decided to cheat on me, i found out.

Went for a drink with a girl about 4/5 months after I'd split from the ex and we've been together for nearly 3 years and are engaged. I was only looking for a bit of fun :D

Separation after 1 year?

Was it not a fixable problem at all?

Marriages shouldn't be given up on without careful consideration is all I'm thinking. If you were just disconnecting then fair enough but if there were issues, they can always be fixed... Unless one of you is a bit of a psycho :lol:

Oh well, at least life is on the up. But given you got together with this girl quite quick after a previous marriage, you should consider keeping things non serious for a while.

Glad to hear things are on the up, my first marriage didn't last 3 years. But at least I'm happier now :-P

When you say 1st? Which are you on now? :lol:

Marriage makes no sense to me in some regards.

So many people pretend it changes nothing, then when these people break up many become bitter and angry proving otherwise. Similar to this, people make plans for life prior to marriage, then something changes and they don't feel they need to after. It's an age old joke, a man will become fat and secluded to his chair in front of the TV even if he was fit and active before!

For something that is just a piece of paper, it seems to do something to people :shock:

Glad to hear things are on the up, my first marriage didn't last 3 years. But at least I'm happier now :-P

When you say 1st? Which are you on now? :lol:

Marriage makes no sense to me in some regards.

So many people pretend it changes nothing, then when these people break up many become bitter and angry proving otherwise. Similar to this, people make plans for life prior to marriage, then something changes and they don't feel they need to after. It's an age old joke, a man will become fat and secluded to his chair in front of the TV even if he was fit and active before!

For something that is just a piece of paper, it seems to do something to people :shock:

Marriage does change things, whether or not it changes things for everyone probably not, my current gf and i live together, we split all bills 50/50 for the house, we share a car and i have the bike for commuting and anything that doesn't involve going to B&Q to pick up diy bits. e both have the same surname already (we checked our family history and no were not inbred, just a common surname) So when we get married it wont change much, if anything at all.

My only experience is that it makes it more difficult to not have any involvement with an ex as you have to get them to sign the divorce etc, which in my case meant talking to her numerous times to get her to send the damn thing back to the court :evil:

I'm on my second marriage, hopefully my last! :-P

I'm the old fashioned type and believe in a marriage. Unfortunately due to the ex working at it wasn't an option

and sadly with children involved I'll have to have contact with her for the foreseable future but hey ho :-P

I am in the process of getting divorced for the first time,

then I intend to get married again when finances allow. :lol:

Lets try to keep this thread friendly and reasonably light hearted please people! :cheers:

I'm on my second marriage, hopefully my last! :-P

I'm the old fashioned type and believe in a marriage. Unfortunately due to the ex working at it wasn't an option

and sadly with children involved I'll have to have contact with her for the foreseable future but hey ho :-P

I do believe it in... It's actually people I have shakey faith in.

You get two sorts of people I notice, those who get married and want to slow down, and those who see it as a new beginning for something bigger. Both are valid ways of thinking, but when one or the other changes direction, it seems to send things downhill quite quickly.

I wonder how I will change! :lol:

I'm on my second marriage now.

Got married the first time round way too young.

This time round itsw going swimmingly and couldn't ask for a better relationship.

I was willing to try and make it work. She wasn't. Cheating on me twice is one way to convince me to stop trying

:shock:

Yikes :shock:

She's shown you're better without though :)

Being on the receiving end of someone having enough is rough. But better in the long run if you're level headed!

If you'd called time on it, there was a bigger chance of her self-destructive nature being aimed at you.

So onwards and upwards :thumb: