Bread Maker

oldie59

Bought a bread maker a few months ago as I fancied having a go at making some bread, it also makes cakes and surprisingly enough jam as well. Brilliant piece of kit, but you have to experiment with the quantities of ingredients though as sometimes the loaves come out very heavy and dense.

Anybody else got one?

Ha. A bread thread. Yep, I've got one - Panasonic SD2500. Make most of my own bread now days. My daughter bought one too and makes jams and pizza dough etc. I even bought a special bakers hat I have to wear when baking just to wind the wife up. Sad, I know :lol:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b602/Stevedalton57/f79a085ca91c970358580c4edb7d5509_zpsfdfx0chy.jpg

i thought this was a motorbike forum! what happened to rugged beardy men riding bikes on a weekend and tinkering in sheds through the week?! when did we all turn into bakers!

in other news - how are the bread makers? we only have a small kitchen and it's a trade off if we get a gadget like that as we'd need to relegate the food processor to the cupboard!

i thought this was a motorbike forum! what happened to rugged beardy men riding bikes on a weekend and tinkering in sheds through the week?! when did we all turn into bakers!

I blame the hairy bikers

I blame the hairy bikers

good point!

don't know why i speak of beardy bikers anyway - I don't think i've reached puberty yet as I'm completely unable to grow more than a bad teenage mustache!

Does it make bacon sandwiches?

That's what I need.. A machine that goes out, buys the bacon etc and wakes me up with hot bacon sarnies.

Now that would be impressive.

Does it make bacon sandwiches?

That's what I need.. A machine that goes out, buys the bacon etc and wakes me up with hot bacon sarnies.

Now that would be impressive.

I tried getting one of those machines. Instead it nags me to get up and make the bacon sandwiches...

I've started a few baking threads on here in the past, always amuses me how popular they are :lol:

I made my own pizza bases a few weeks back, that went very nicely. Never used a breadmaker though, it all seems a bit soulless to me...