IoM claims another life.

Phooey

Is it getting to the point when someone should decide enough is enough, and either restict the top speed of the bikes or bring to an end the races? The island is no longer an official racing venue as it was deemed to dangerous.

To be fair, the riders know what they are getting into. Nobodies forcing them to ride.

My view is exactly the same. The visitors also know exactly what they are getting into, and yet thousands upon thousands of people choose to attend each and every year.

It is one of the last places on earth that health and safety hasn't taken over. This is the reason I will be one of the many thousands of people attending next year.

Having said that, it is still sad news that both these riders have lost their lives. Unfortunately, I think we are set to hear of more deaths over the next couple of weeks from the island, but if people are doing something dangerous, know the dangers and are still willing to actively go out and do it, then they should be free to do so.

It's sad to see the news, however i agree with people, no ones forcing them to ride in the TT they know the risks.

If none of us were willing to take risks we wouldn't be on bikes in the first place.

The isle of man would declare independence before cancelling the TT. Its a major source of revenue for the island plus because of the historical importance of the TT its a major draw for bikers as tourists for most of the year outside the racing season. 100s travel there every week. end that? you have to be joking.

Were all going to die at some point.

When your time is up its up.

IoM TT, pure epicness,madness and balls out bravery.

Id rather die their then in a puddle of my own piss.

Is it getting to the point when someone should decide enough is enough, and either restict the top speed of the bikes or bring to an end the races? The island is no longer an official racing venue as it was deemed to dangerous.

If spectators were being killed i would agree but this is the racers and the people riding the course thats dying so sorry cant agree here. Yes it was deemed dangerous but hundreds of racers plan their year around the TT because its so iconic and they all know the risks

I agree.

Very sad when this happens though, these guys are modern day Gladiators risking all for our entertainment

I agree.

Very sad when this happens though, these guys are modern day Gladiators risking all for our entertainment

Totally agree Mate as a modern day Gladiatorial spectacle nothing come close. No one is forced to enter they all know the risks, despite the modern day speeds the circuit now is far safer than years gone by

BAN THE TT noooooooooooo 141 deaths in over a 100 years

smoking how many deaths over 100 years ??????

drinking how many deaths over 100 years ??????

football fans how many deaths in 100 years?????

Idiot drivers, idiot bike riders, idiot bus drivers, idiot milk float drivers

YEP LETS BAN THEM ALL CAUSE PEOPLE DIE FROM THEM,

:stupid:

lets ban living as more people die from that than anything else :mrgreen:

Most people die in bed, so let's ban beds.... Oh, and hospitals - loads of people die in hospitals, best ban them too.

Ban Horse riding too..... :wink:

I am talking of course about horse riding or, as drugs expert Professor David Nutt memorably described it, ‘equine addiction syndrome’ or ‘equasy’. According to the BBC, horse riding kills at least 10 people per year in Britain, causes at least 100 traffic accidents per year (harming innocent people!) and is the cause of three per cent of all spinal injuries in the UK. It is 20 times more dangerous than riding a motorcycle. But, alas, Britain’s horse culture is here to stay. The horse lobby has many friends in Parliament. You might say ‘the neighs have it

Taken from this article....... http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/ar ... XKv6EK3PMK

I'd just like to point out that I'm not anti horse.........this is just to put a little perspective on the subject........food for thought...... :wink:

I just want to pause this rant thread for a second to say RIP to the Pilot who lost his life in high winds over the mountain road this morning - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe- ... n-33034542

It's a bit gruesome , but I think the current death toll for this year is up to four - one racer, two visitors riding bikes and a pilot

RIP to all