Passed!!

Not as bad as I thought. Every dealer so far has agreed to let me test ride a bike, with the exception that I bring some photo ID. Unfortunately, I sent my licence off to DVLA hq and the passport expired a few years back.

Will have to wait a few weeks. :(

I would imagine most if not all dealers would let a new rider test ride bikes in the hope they get the sale! Though I would expect them to be cautious over some bikes "passed my test yesterday, can I ride that desmosedici please"!

I would imagine most if not all dealers would let a new rider test ride bikes in the hope they get the sale! Though I would expect them to be cautious over some bikes "passed my test yesterday, can I ride that desmosedici please"!

From what i gather, most seem more concerned with age. Being 30 I guess they don't see me as much of an issue.

• 3 weeks later...

So, had a whirl on a Monster 821. Was really nervous about this for some reason and it was made worse when the sales guy told me it's was brand spanking new and to watch corners as the tyres were brand new. Add the fact that as I was setting off it started pissing down, I really started bricking it.

Anyway, after a twitchy start it felt fantastic. The noise from this bike on a stock exhaust is tremendous.

Really enjoyed it but from what I could gather, the services costs for Ducatis's are quite trumpy.

Either way, I've narrowed it down to these 2. Triumph are willing to offer me £1500 for my CBF125 and Ducati only £900. Add to that the fact that the Triumph is a grand cheaper and has a gear indicator and fuel gauge makes for a straight forward choice, but there's something about the Monster 821 that keeps turning my head.

Hmm, decisions, decisions...

• 2 months later...
So, yesterday I whacked a deposit down on a Monster 821 in Red.

For the most part I'm delighted but there's a tiny bit of me with buyers remorse as I wanted a Street Triple R also. :D

There's no law to say you can't have 2 bikes...... :wink:

For the most part I'm delighted but there's a tiny bit of me with buyers remorse as I wanted a Street Triple R also. :D

I wish.

The first law of life - Thou does not have the moneh! :D

No, that's the wife!