Vulcan bomber

JRH

Just been out for a ride to Wellesbourne Warwickshire to see the Vulcan bomber fly pass.

Good turn out by bikers :)

Tried to spot it yesterday but as the app and website were down I didn't know the timings and it went by while I was being dragged round asda :-( couple of good videos on the bbc manchester site

Tried to spot it yesterday but as the app and website were down I didn't know the timings and it went by while I was being dragged round asda :-( couple of good videos on the bbc manchester site

I was being dragged round Asda as well and missed it :cry: but luckily we are going to Robinhood airport in June next year so should be able to see it in it'new home :)

Think that was its last ever flight. The charity keeping it in the air can't afford it anymore.

But they've said that before back in 2013.

Its not money, the manufacturers have withdrawn the required technical support and refuse to share info with third parties willing to take on the responsibility

Trying to paste the petition but my phones having a paddy

Those things used to scare the sh*t out of me when I saw them at airshows when I was a kid......those and the English Electric Lightning........bl**dy noisy things...... :lol: 8-)

I remember women screaming and windscreens cracking when the Vulcan took off with 4 rockets and all 4 engines on full re-heat at Wethersfield in the early 60's. The same day a Lightning took off and immediately went vertical. It returned a few minutes later and passed over at 1000mph.

I can also remember a Lightning over Brands in 1968 at the British F1 GP. It did very lazy stall turns and loops and then headed away a couple of miles - turned, lit up and came in at pace and turned vertical over the pits. It accelerated up into a clear blue sky setting off a massive sonic boom. I could almost hear the pilot saying "You think your cars have power? Have some of this."

I had a Canadian guest with me at the time - he'd never even heard of a Lightning.

• 2 weeks later...

I do a lot of my railway training in the hangar that the vulcan is housed in at robin hood airport, its a beast of a machine. heard it take off a few times its flown over our house a couple :thumb:

never heard of these lightnings though.