MOD 2 instructor directions?

Just read someone's mod 2 experience and he said that the instructor told him to follow road signs to a certain place. Is that how the mod 2 is or does the instructor give you turn by turn directions as to where you are going like when you are doing your cbt? Just wondering...

For the most part you will be given instructions, but there is an independent riding part where (as you said) they'll ask you to follow road signs as if heading to a certain place.

For the most part you will be given instructions, but there is an independent riding part where (as you said) they'll ask you to follow road signs as if heading to a certain place.

So would that be on A roads then?

In mine I was told to "follow the road straight ahead" which involved changing lanes as the left lane went left only. I do appear to be the only person who has been given this instruction rather than follow the signs to somewhere!

Also remember if you are following signs and you come to a roundabout if the signs say go right but you're in the left lane do not turn right - go the wrong way (either left or straight on) going the wrong way isn't a fail turning right from a left hand lane is!

Good luck :)

• 2 months later...

There is the self guided part where they tell you to follow signs to X. Then they'll tell you the self guided part is over and then they will give you 'turn left' and 'turn right' etc.

In my case the self guided part was mostly nonsense because he had to keep giving me new directions anyway. Ie. 'Follow signs to Slough', so I turned left at the roundabout because that's where the sign pointed to Slough. Then I drove along a straight road with no turns for a bit then he gave me a new instruction to follow signs to somewhere else.

Nothing to worry about, if you go the wrong way they won't fail you so long as you do it safely.

On my mod 2 the instructor told me to take 2nd left, I missed the turn and the instructor turned left anyway. He then told me to turn around where it was was safe and come back to join him.

Yea only thing to remember:

If in doubt, go with the lane you're in. Don't make any rash decisions just to follow the sign to X. You CANNOT fail if you go to the wrong destination as long as you're in the correct lane.

On mine i was told where to go untill the independent rider part. YOu will be told "Follow the signs to the hospital". Do that and you'll be fine. If you get lost it's not end of the world. Correct yourself where possible.