Suspended car driving licence in another country

A year ago my car driving licence was suspended in spain because of driving my car a bit drunk (not proud of it, hated my self for a few months). I got suspended for 2 years, so next june i am getting my licence back.

The question is, now that i live and work in London can I apply for a provisional driving licence and do the theory test and cbt? even if i cant drive till june when i get my licence back. Just to go doing things quicker so in summer i can do the D.A.S.

Thank you very much for your help

Pretty sure due to the EU licence agreement if you're banned there you're banned here I'm afraid. So probably won't be allowed a provisional until the ban is up

I think your ban is only enforced in Spain, and it don't count in uk, think uk only has an agreement with Ireland where you would be banned here if you got banned in Ireland...I might be wrong .

DVLA have sent me an email:

An applicant who is disqualified in Spain cannot obtain a full licence in exchange since a disqualification imposed in this country can be taken into account. Section 88(1B) of The Road Traffic Act 1988 as amended. If a Certificate/Letter of Entitlement is produced and this confirms that the licence is currently disqualified/revoked, it will not be accepted.

An application for a Provisional licence from a driver who has been disqualified in Spain should also be rejected unless the applicant was disqualified until a further test had been passed. In these limited circumstances a Provisional driving licence may be granted.

____

Dont fully understand the second part, until a further test had been passed?

I'm floored the DVLA got back to you so quickly! :shock:

But it seems to say you can't get a provisional if you have a ban? So you couldn't get a UK one or exchange it. That's just how I'm reading it..

edit - the second bit seems to be if you have been banned until you re-take your test but there isn't necessarily a time limit on how long before you can take it? Maybe a medical disqualification

Man they could say yes or no and thats it lol, After asking in so many places and finally DVLA i still dont know if i can take my cbt and theory test, just that hhaha

Ah the DVLA. How we all love thee.

Personally - I read it as the top bit saying you can't exchange your licence.

And the bottom bit saying you can't apply for a new one :(

Well i have just applied for a provisional licence:::::

Your DVLA Application

Acciones

[email protected] ([email protected]) Agregar a contactos 12:22 Conservar este mensaje en la parte superior de la bandeja de entrada

Para: [email protected]

[email protected]

Dear Mr Freire

Thank you for submitting your driving licence application online.

Your payment has been accepted but in order for DVLA to complete your application, it requires you to do one more thing.

You must send some information to DVLA.

You will receive an application completion form in the post - please allow 1 week for delivery. Please complete this form and return it to DVLA so that your driving licence application can be submitted for validation checks.

Your driving licence is an official document and all applications are subject to DVLA's identity checking system.

Once DVLA has received your form it will be able to carry out the necessary checks and deal with your application as soon as possible.

Please print this page, and/or make a note of the application reference number and Government Gateway User ID listed below, in case you have a query. You can use your User ID and password to log on and check the progress of your application.

and in the process they ask me if i am disqualified in uk or any other EU country, and i say yes, Spain...

So not doing anything illegal, i have answered everything correctly.

and they have charged me the 34 pounds...

Ah the DVLA. How we all love thee.

Personally - I read it as the top bit saying you can't exchange your licence.

And the bottom bit saying you can't apply for a new one :(

I understood none of it ... What language is this .

so, ended up getting a provisional licence lol...

one question that now arises is why does it say in the back of the licence that i have AM,A and B licences till 2058? :roll:

so, ended up getting a provisional licence lol...

one question that now arises is why does it say in the back of the licence that i have AM,A and B licences till 2058? :roll:

am = You can drive 2-wheeled or 3-wheeled vehicles with a maximum design speed of over 25km/h (15.5mph) but not more than 45km/h (28mph).

a = motorbikes with a power output more than 35kW or a power to weight ratio more than 0.2kW/kg

motor tricycles with a power output more than 15kW

b = You can drive vehicles up to 3,500kg Maximum Authorised Mass (MAM) with up to 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg).

You can also tow heavier trailers if the total MAM of the vehicle and trailer isn’t more than 3,500kg.

You can drive motor tricycles with a power output higher than 15kW if you are over 21 years old.

Physically disabled drivers with provisional category B entitlement will also have provisional entitlement to ride category A1 or A motor tricycles.

Able-bodied drivers can no longer ride motor tricycles with a provisional category B licence.

Category B auto

You can drive a category B vehicle - but only an automatic one.

ALL provisional... depending on the code next too it.

2058 = 70th birthdaay