I dropped a nut...

zoomzoom

So.... I was removing my battery to fit my Optimate charger cables. Whilst doing this one of the bolts for my battery fell off my screwdriver and landed somewhere in the bike :shock:

I've spent over an hour looking for it, removed parts I'm comfortable with such as the battery and side panels but nothing.

I've ordered a new nut, but now worried it could cause some damage if it's landed in the wrong place whilst riding.

Anyone done the same? Any advice?

if you are that worried give the bike a shake side to side and wheel it backwards and forwards a couple of metres if its laying loose it might shake itself out or its fallen into a little corner somewhere and if shaking it and moving it dont make it fall out it shouldnt do any damage

tip it upside down!!

on a serious note you have ordered another ............dont worry about it unless you have dropped it in a cylinder!

I lost a clip once on the TL and couldn't see it anywhere

found it a year later when I stripped it down! it was sat in the V of the engine between the cylinders!

it will either stay put or bounce out never to be seen again

I took the fairing off mine a while back and a gold nut dropped out :shock:

I do not have any gold nuts anywhere on my bike... had to then spend 15 minutes checking every bolt I could find :( Everything had bolts. Nothing has fallen off though so can't have been important