How to increase idle RPM? (TT600)

Take the bike back, the chain and sprockets should have been replaced if they are bad enough to cause a knocking, there must be a stiff link in the chain, they will of ridden the bike.

The cold start issue should fe sorted, but these sort of things can be a pain to sort.

As for the mpg, when you start to open the throttle fully it will drop quickly!

There goes any chance of taking the bike back. Dropped it in a car park last night, smashed the rear brake foot-peg, front headlights, right side fairings as well as oil is now leaking out of the gear change peg.

Insurance took me home and it's going to a local bike garage Monday. Going to be a while :( absolutely gutted.

Insurance won't know about it they only got a recovery vehicle to take me home.

I'm totally fine, tried to keep the bike up but once I was past the point of no return I just stepped away. Absolutely gutted.

I won't be going through insurance, it's not worth it for me or anyone else liking to get insurance on a TT600 [emoji39] Hopefully the damage isn't as bad as it is in my head.

Because the right side fairings as so scuffed now it's definitely going to need a respray.. Anyone have any ideas how much general a bike respray is?

Damn....that's a bugger, mate.......as others have said, at least you're ok. Have a look on eBay for fairings and a peg......you never know......otherwise a respray will cost you a few hundred quid I would have thought... :wink:

Worth looking at crash bungs for the future..... 8-)

Already looking at crash bungs :( haha

Fairings seen to be around the same price as its gonna cost to take it for a respray and repair a few edges that have snapped. Luckily there's nothing it scrapes on the fairing and a little crack at the front.

You should be able to get the crack in the fairing welded.......don't forget that apart from the fairings a lot of other parts are the same on the Speed 4......so, for the peg and anything else it'll give you more choice.... :wink:

With regards to the ECU map, connecting it up to TuneECU will tell you what map is in there.....and the TuneECU website lists all the latest maps for that bike..... 8-)

Hope you get it fixed up ok.

That's a b****r Liam. Still as others said the main thing is that you are OK.

Hope the repairs go OK.

Sorry to hear this mate, it's a tough old learning curve this motorbike lark, good to hear your ok motorbike bits are one thing skin and bone completely another. Plenty of spares out there just take your time and shop around. Hope your soon back on track.

That sucks..

Did you actually tell your insurance company?? Try to avoid telling them if you can.

Nah I told them "it got blown over in the wind" which when you see I live RIGHT on the coast.. Is kind of believable [emoji39]

That sucks..

Did you actually tell your insurance company?? Try to avoid telling them if you can.

Nah I told them "it got blown over in the wind" which when you see I live RIGHT on the coast.. Is kind of believable [emoji39]

They'll still mark it on your record for next five years and use it as an excuse to charge you more money... Shouldn't have told them anything :(

f**k sake [emoji85] Only problem is I needed it taking home as I was at a hotel for my step sisters mothers 60th and had no where to lock it up or nothing with me and I couldn't push it home.

Wait and see mate.....don't get despondent about what might happen......If you don't make a claim, then you can declare that with a clear conscience on future insurance quotes.... :wink:

Wait and see mate.....don't get despondent about what might happen......If you don't make a claim, then you can declare that with a clear conscience on future insurance quotes.... :wink:

Yea I definitely won't be making a claim I have the money to fix it and hopefully like I say it's not as expensive as I think it's gonna be.

Oh noes! Was it one of those gravel car parks? I hate those. Fingers crossed for a cheap fix and glad you're ok :thumb:

I wish, then maybe I'd have an excuse.

Id be tempted to leave the fairings etc for a little while if possible? You would hate to fix it up changing the fairings to drop it again.

Get the mechanical side of it sorted and leave any parts that dont 100% have to be changed.then in a couple months when your more comfortable on the bike look at changing the fairings.

Get some pics up, theres a few people been in similar scenarios that can help asses what should be changed and what you could leave for now.

I can definitely leave the fairings they're just scuffed big time.

Front brake lever totally bent on the opposite direction.

Front footpeg driver side snapped clean off

Gear selector loose and seems to be leaking oil (this is my biggest worry).

Just ordered:

- Adjustable clutch & brake levers

- Adjustable front footpegs

- Adjustable rear footpegs

- DID chain & sprocket set

- Crash bungs

Now just to wait for it all to turn up (2+ weeks [emoji22]).