Pay & Display Ticket Holder

Hi,

Just wondering can anyone help. I would like to ride my bike to work but can't figure out how to display the Pay and Display Ticket. Can you get some form of holder to display the ticket securely.

Many Thanks,

Al

Hiya, most places have free bike parking for the where do I display ticket issue. They may only have a limited number of spaces though. I'd either see if you can scope it out online or take a dry run down and see what it says.

As Hoggs said, most places provide free parking although some say to use the bicycle spaces which are not ideal due the the kids that have no respect for your bike.

a quick google and I found this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/OF758-Oxford-Document-Holder-87x74mm/dp/B00SYJBIYG/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1458657390&sr=1-1&keywords=oxford+document+holder

It may be of some use?

Hi Many Thanks for your reply.

I did email the local authority, whom very kindly informed me that they do not have any specific bays to park motorbikes in, I would need to park in a car parking bay and display a Pay and Display ticket.

They did however suggest the following:-

PAY AND DISPLAY RECEIPT HOLDERS

Put your receipt inside the plastic sleeve or box and hook it to the steering wheel, handle bars, visor, or rear view mirror

Model 41 is for Pay Station receipts that must displayed in your vehicle. It includes the plastic coated steel cable combination lock and an open clear sleeve for the receipt. This will stop the wind from blowing it away and allow you to display it without sticking it to the handlebars or windshield where anyone can grab it. The lock is resetable by you.

http://www.loginparking.com/images/100_P_D_Receipt_Holder.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.loginparking.com/images/spacer.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Model 41 - Pay and Display Receipt Sleeve

Unfortunately I am unable to find anything I the UK or anything similar, just wondering if anyone can suggest something

Thanks,

Al

My local council have free motorcycle parking spaces, but also say if you park in a car space you have to pay. They used to suggest taking a photo of your pay-and-display ticket against the number plate, which you can later use to prove you paid if you did get ticketed, but I can't find that on their website now.

i think with all the mobile pay at stations now they'll be taking away free motorbike parking, but then they would be forcing us to pay the extra 10-20p to pay by mobile would we revolt? :popcorn:

Yes, and if we get charged the same price as a car I'll expect the same space as a car, not some poxy little bike bay.

In the days of Internet connected phones there is no excuse to have to phone up and be charged a fee when an app could do it for free.

Yes, and if we get charged the same price as a car I'll expect the same space as a car, not some poxy little bike bay.

If they charge less I still think we fight for individually marked bays with ground anchors to secure bike to... After all Push bike stands all have securing points for the bikes and when are they going to start charging them?

I once did a pay as you park thing over the phone... Walk to machine it will not take one of my pound coins, bugger it I will try this fangled pay by phone idea.

I started walking back to car whilst on phone initially countless personnel details given. I get to car start sorting my stuff get ready becoming more audibly frustrated with the info needed by the "system" or the "security" we need a code number from the the machine. Back I went it took over 5 minutes to give them all the details. They then charged me extra for the "convenience"! then asking would I like to set up an account so can use this service again.

One bad experience puts you off these things for life...

:stupid:

Had exactly the same experience, and charging extra for the privilege is just taking the p***. Should be a discount cause there is no physical ticket no paper no ink used

The pay by phone in Oxford is actually really good, it even sends you reminders and lets you top up your parking. Shame it's not worth paying to park there in the first place :D although there is one very central car park with free bike parking anyway