It is with great sadness ...

Phooey

Chin up, plenty more frogs on the pad and loads of them ride bikes

Not when you're as old as me mate.

Actually I believe it's easier as you get older!

Not when you're as old as me mate.

Sorry to hear that Phooey, but take it from me you never know what's round the corner and age is all in the mind.

Sorry to hear this mate, been there done that not recommended. Sue my new partner is a family lawyer, before she met me she had no idea just how strong the bond is between a motorcyclist and there bikes. Over the year she dealt with numerous separations where the motorbike has been the cause of the break up. Top tip, search a lady who just loves jumping onto the back of a bike it makes life so much easier. Hope things work out for both of you.

Sad news.

I echo the above, if you keep your eyes forward with lessons learnt, you can make a better future for yourself.

Hardships can be used to look at yourself and decide what you want to do moving forward. Whether that be the quiet life with a bike, or if you want someone else there. Try not to let any bitterness linger as bogging down there hurts no one but yourself.

If you have a group of friends nearby behind you, I'd fall back on them and take a little while to move through what happened. And you never know, I've seen it enough where people fall back on a friend group and end up with someone from it, or connected to it.

Really sorry to hear it :(

If you ever need a sympathetic ear (or just the usual sympathetic photograph of a Haynes page), you know where I am and I've always got the time.

You're a star Ollie.

Sad news.

I echo the above, if you keep your eyes forward with lessons learnt, you can make a better future for yourself.

Hardships can be used to look at yourself and decide what you want to do moving forward. Whether that be the quiet life with a bike, or if you want someone else there. Try not to let any bitterness linger as bogging down there hurts no one but yourself.

If you have a group of friends nearby behind you, I'd fall back on them and take a little while to move through what happened. And you never know, I've seen it enough where people fall back on a friend group and end up with someone from it, or connected to it.

I appreciate your words Fozzie.

There is definitely no bitterness there. I will always love her and never do anything to hurt her. I want to move on and enjoy the rest of my life and I want to do everything in my power to allow her to do the same. I am sad, sad beyond words, but that is not an excuse to make it difficult for her.

She says that she loves me and that I am her best friend but after 20 years of being together she is no longer IN love with me and for her that is not enough.

My network of friends is incredibly small ... my friends are her friends also and I am leaving them to support her. Time I signed up to some new friendship groups - difficult because I have always had female friends, I relate to them so much better, and I find it diffucult to make male friendships.

Sorry to hear this!

been there got the t shirt! :lol:

You'll find that things have a funny habit of turning out better in the end!

Cheers Ian .. we never think so at the time but human are super resiliant.

There is definitely no bitterness there. I will always love her and never do anything to hurt her. I want to move on and enjoy the rest of my life and I want to do everything in my power to allow her to do the same. I am sad, sad beyond words, but that is not an excuse to make it difficult for her.

She says that she loves me and that I am her best friend but after 20 years of being together she is no longer IN love with me and for her that is not enough.

I have to say I appreciate her candour with you, and your response has been uniquely upstanding.

Did you find out quite suddenly?

It’s often better that way, as fighting for it only to lose it often leaves you with more pieces to pick up at the end.

Dust yourself off, get on the bike, summer is coming :thumb:

Sorry to hear this, mate.......but you've got to look ahead and not dwell on the past.

One of my mates has just had the same thing happen to him......After nearly 30 years.....but he's joined various groups, like walking groups and the like where he's meeting a lot of other people. Check out the biker dating groups too..... :wink:

Good luck mate...... :)