Mid-life whinge

MarkW

A couple of summers ago I was 17 - I remember it well - and yet according to my wife I turned 43 last month. What the hell has happened? The other night on the telly I saw a program where the 'experts' with several years experience in their field hadn't even been born until three years after I took my driving test!

I don't like it, I tell you. :crybaby:

Mate I'm 43 but still act like a teenager ;)

I'm stuck in the 80's & 90's musically (the best years by far)...

But like you I often think "where has it all gone".

I'll only start worrying when the beef bayonet stops working properly.

You where lucky!

24 of us lived in a lake, we used to get up 2hrs before we went to bed, eat a handful of hot gravel abd when we got home our dad would slice us in two with a bread knife and dance on our graves!

Tell that to the youth of today..and they won't believe ya!

There's some good points to being in our age bracket. We know more now and generally have a better chance of doing things.

Just don't have the energy!

There's some good points to being in our age bracket. We know more now and generally have a better chance of doing things.

Just don't have the energy!

Yea, being old now means you can more than likely retire and still enjoy life. I'll be lucky if I get to retire before die. :-/ (bit morbid, I know..)

But anyway, you are only as old as you feel/act. Age is only a number, keep smiling and doing all the fun stuff you enjoy for as long as your body and mind are fit for it :thumb:

Arwen, you're missing an important point: the chances of our generation ever getting to retire are now so low that it's barely worth bothering to save for a pension... So all the more money to spend on bikes while we're still young :mrgreen:

Arwen, you're missing an important point: the chances of our generation ever getting to retire are now so low that it's barely worth bothering to save for a pension... So all the more money to spend on bikes while we're still young :mrgreen:

Indeed! May be why I'm having a meeting in a couple of weeks to see if I can get my money back from the pension, or at least, pay less into it. Came back to the conclusion that I'd rather spend my well earned money now. ;-)

My plan is that when it all starts to go downhill I'll flog the house and use the money to fund entering the Dakar as a privateer... That should bring things to a thoroughly awesome and messy end! :lol:

If you can still get your leg over to get on the bike that is , like your thinking though 8-)

What the hell are you lot on about.....I'm 62 in 4 weeks time!

I'd like to go back to 1975.....

http://www.motorcyclesport.net/pics/k5002.jpg

.......mainly to make sure I didn't marry the bitch of a first wife that I had! Though I wouldn't say no to that hair colour now!

The way I look at it is getting old is shit......but it's still better than the alternative.

And anyway, I've never stopped behaving in the anti-social manner of a 70's Greaser just because I got old!

http://www.motorcyclesport.net/pics/12815.jpg

Well except that I don't screw slags in a wheelbarrow in my mate's garage any more. But you never know.....I may get lucky! :D

...When bacon tasted like bacon...

.......mainly to make sure I didn't marry the bitch of a first wife that I had!

Don't blame you mate, that bird on the bike is a bit ragged. :-D

...When bacon tasted like bacon...

.......mainly to make sure I didn't marry the bitch of a first wife that I had!

Don't blame you mate, that bird on the bike is a bit ragged. :-D

Damn.....Tango....get these kids under control! They'll be posting Justin Bieber and Gangsta Rap vids next!

Tell you what though......back in those days people used to look and at us and say "Put 'em in The Army". Now they say "Put 'em in The Old People's Home". :(

Bah youngsters! I am 60 and still act like a teenager, well when bits don't ache. It is true though that inside of every old man there is a young man trying to get out! :lol: I did take my pension for what it was worth and still ended up working harder for my money. :roll:

Bah youngsters! I am 60 and still act like a teenager, well when bits don't ache. It is true though that inside of every old man there is a young man trying to get out! :lol: I did take my pension for what it was worth and still ended up working harder for my money. :roll:

The worst thing I find is the deteriorating vision! Really pisses me off that I have to put glasses on just to see what the hell I'm buying in the shop! :(

My plan is that when it all starts to go downhill I'll flog the house and use the money to fund entering the Dakar as a privateer... That should bring things to a thoroughly awesome and messy end! :lol:

If you can still get your leg over to get on the bike that is , like your thinking though 8-)

Got that one covered!

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2010/02/dakar-rally-on-a-vespa/