Oh dear oh dear...

MarkW

My brother had his first baby on Friday, and he sent me a message yesterday saying how tiring his first full day of fatherhood had been. He hasn't even brought him home from hospital yet!

I think someone is in for a VERY big shock... :lol:

I went to the pub for the first few days , the Mrs managed fine.

Ha! Not an option in this case - his wife sent him a text message a couple of weeks ago that said "The potatoes you bought can't be microwaved. What do I do with them?"

:shock:

I went to the pub for the first few days , the Mrs managed fine.

Ha! Not an option in this case - his wife sent him a text message a couple of weeks ago that said "The potatoes you bought can't be microwaved. What do I do with them?"

:shock:

Oh dear..I see your point :shock:

OP reminds me of a friend of my wife's who posts all sorts of dramatic messages on Facebook (e.g. "Can't believe the match has been postponed. Was going to watch it on sky sports this afternoon. Feeling devastated."). Then we found out through the grapevine that his girlfriend is pregnant. I think he's going to be in for a shock ... !!!

OP reminds me of a friend of my wife's who posts all sorts of dramatic messages on Facebook (e.g. "Can't believe the match has been postponed. Was going to watch it on sky sports this afternoon. Feeling devastated."). Then we found out through the grapevine that his girlfriend is pregnant. I think he's going to be in for a shock ... !!!

:laugh:

This sounds like the start of an amazing blog of watching his collapse into fatherhood :P

Think I'm feeling awfully sorry for your brother MW.. I can't even imagine having sproglets! :shock:

Sounds like he's in for a fun few weeks! :mrgreen:

:laugh:

This sounds like the start of an amazing blog of watching his collapse into fatherhood :P

Think I'm feeling awfully sorry for your brother MW.. I can't even imagine having sproglets! :shock:

Sounds like he's in for a fun few YEARS! :mrgreen:

Fixed it for you!

:cheers:

Having kids is a terrible thing which is why us sensible people stick to the mechanical kind of baby :lol: :lol: probably almost as expensive as their fleshy counterparts in the long run though... but you don't get in as much trouble when you lock them in the garage for misbehaving.

Having kids is a terrible thing which is why us sensible people stick to the mechanical kind of baby :lol: :lol: probably almost as expensive as their fleshy counterparts in the long run though... but you don't get in as much trouble when you lock them in the garage for misbehaving.

I agree. :thumb: :lol:

Don't be so smug- you know that clock is tick....tick......ticking :D

Ha! Don't like kids, never wanted kids, OH doesn't want kids. Pretty happy with my life without kids! :mrgreen:

Ha! Don't like kids, never wanted kids, OH doesn't want kids. Pretty happy with my life without kids! :mrgreen:

TICK.....TICK......TICK :lol:

TICK.....TICK......TICK :lol:

Now we're back to Phil's YBS reliability thread.

Not quite.. That's more of an eerie silence now! :shock:

Least the tickings stopped.. :lol:

I'm so screwed aren't I? Though my little one seems to be going for the hardway. Another ultrasound at 38/39 weeks as a precaution :(

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kids are ace! There's never a dull moment with my two boys, although most of the 'issues' have been with my eldest: at nursery he raised a few eyebrows when he told them his favourite film was Dirty Harry (he'd seen the DVD box on the shelf, but not watched it), and after watching Star Wars for the first time he chose the middle of Asda one Saturday morning to point at me and shout 'NO! YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER!" Let's just say a lot of well-meaning customers suddenly took a great deal of interest in what I was doing with him. Then a few weeks ago there was this little exchange when his teacher asked if she could have a word as he was coming out of school:

Are you Jamie's father? Could I have a quick word please?

- Certainly. What's it about?

Well, I've had to tell him off today about his language.

- Oh. I'm surprised about that - what did he say?

I'd rather not repeat it.

- Well he's only seven so it can't have been that bad. What was it?

No, I'm not going to repeat it.

- Oh come on for heaven's sake, we're both adults: what did he say?

No, it was too rude. You'll have to ask Jamie when you discipline him.

- I haven't got the slightest intention of disciplining him on the strength of half a story from someone who isn't prepared to tell me what he said. Now, either tell me what it was, or we're done.

Well... it was... Um.. It was... 'Penis'.

- 'Penis'. I see. And what's wrong with that?

It's vulgar!

- No it isn't. It's the correct term for part of his anatomy, and as long as he wasn't waving it around as he said it I don't see the problem.

Well I don't want to hear him say it again.

- (starting to get rather irritated at this point): Well that's just tough, I'm afraid. I'm not prepared to tell him off for using the correct adult word for something instead of one of the pathetic catalogue of bloody juvenile words that people seem to think are somehow more acceptable. It's a penis - get over it.

But he was having an argument with one of the other children and called him a 'bloody penis face'!

- Err... Oh... Yes, I um... I see your, um... OK - I'll have a word with him... :oops:

Like the above Mark :thumb:

When our 2 were getting old enough to go to toilets on their own etc. They had a speech with they new off by heart if anyone approached them. It went.

"I won't talk to you. Talk to my dad he's 6 ft 3 shaven headed covered in tattoos and really really angry. And he's out there"

This went fine. They never used it in anger. Only when it was very very inappropriate. I.e. school.

Now that's bad parenting. ... :thumb: :thumb:

after watching Star Wars for the first time he chose the middle of Asda one Saturday morning to point at me and shout 'NO! YOU ARE NOT MY FATHER!":

:laugh: as epic as this is ... I still don't want any. :up: