chain adjustment

darren_woodward

the chain should be lubed every week or if used a lot every few days and regular checks for tension and adjustments made to keep it correct but if it has tight spots in the links or is excessively stretched and sprockets are worn then it will not hurt to change them and never change just the sprockets or just the chain always do them as a full set..................and never try and do it with the engine running with bike in gear a other members on here can tell you the hospital have hell of a job trying to stitch the tips of fingers back on after being caught in a spinning chain

I bought my sisters boyfriend a chain monkey last xmas and he says they work. I went with that for him as they state they have worked with BSB teams (moto rapido ducati in particular I suspect). He rates it so might be worth getting one to reduce some hassle. I will be getting one myself to see how it fairs on the gsxr.

Check the chain tension and lube along with tyre pressures regularly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:stupid: all of the above! Also it's a five minute job (unless you spoon it epically by not accounting for additional tension when you re tighten the axle :roll: ) then another 5 mins for a quick clean and lube :thumb:

Just dedicate 30mins one day a week to maintenance.

I do chain lube, chain tension, tyre pressures, overall tyre check (nails etc.) and a general clean in around 30-45mins every Sunday morning before the gym.

Just dedicate 30mins one day a week to maintenance.

I do chain lube, chain tension, tyre pressures, overall tyre check (nails etc.) and a general clean in around 30-45mins every Sunday morning before the gym.

The clean should be at least an hour. Show it some love [emoji14]

I'm picking up a Halford sprocket set so I can get my wheel nut done as my chain needs a tension.

The clean should be at least an hour. Show it some love [emoji14]

When you've dropped your bike twice (once each side) you quickly realise a clean bike just shows the scratches more [emoji39]

And this is why you don't drop them! Though I have noticed a stone chip on the gsxr... could of cried

belt can be a pain in the rear end tho rennie if they break on my sportster its not to bad a job as i found out when mine went but on the bigger harleys it means removing the complete primary cases and clutch and swinging arm to do them so i hope you never have a problem

I thought belts were pretty much maint. free! :lol:

I'm going to have to read up on them.

Also it's got a heel and toe gear change! never used one of them! ever! :lol:

Also trip computer etc. but no rev counter! :? :lol: