Rough Idle

Westbeef

Hello my bikes idle is a bit rough even after a 45 min ride home. I've looked in my Haynes and it suggests to check the ignition system but I've got no electrical testing equipment. I've checked the air filter and that's in good condition (changed about 2 months ago at purchase). I'm going to give it a redex treatment at my next fill up to see if there's any build up in the engine. Is there anything else I can check?

I've attached a video of the idle, it's worse near the end.

https://vimeo.com/170521181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to look at how to adjust the idle but couldn't find it in the Haynes. Where should I check for air leaks? And do you know how I would adjust the idle/what it should be?

if the bike is fuel injected then the idle is not adjustable on these!

an air leak could be around the intake rubbers spray them with wd40 when its running it it almost dies then thats where the leak is

also what is the mileage

Checked for a black thumb screw on right side at top of engine? Just below tank as I remember from most bikes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's a fuel Injection, so I guess I need to look at some sensors if the air isn't my issues. Is it around the throttle body I need to check?

Mileage is 7500

have you had the valve clearances checked?

yeah look around the throttle body if no luck then think about checking the valve clearances

dont worry about sensors they will either work or not

I haven't was hoping to avoid having it in a garage if possible as I'm skint! Hopefully it's just a seal on the body and they're about 2 quid ( just checked :) )

It's a fuel Injection, so I guess I need to look at some sensors if the air isn't my issues. Is it around the throttle body I need to check?

Mileage is 7500

Sorry can't listen to it just now but just thought I'd add, I can adjust the idle on my fuel injected bike. MYbe you can too?

Attached from my workshop manual:-

Screenshot_20160613-222909.thumb.jpg.80337aefa1df444216997612690606e4.jpg

Tried to have a check tonight. New problem, the screws on my fairings are round so I can't get them off!! Fml.

Could see in a little bit though and whoever had the bike has left a trail of yellow paint around the bits they've worked on and they've had a look at the throttle body before.

I had a go at hammering one in but worried about damaging the fairing as its on an unsupported bit. It just bolts two prices of fairing together with nothing behind.