Mild panic setting in. Had a full days training on Monday, first time on a ‘big’ bike. Oh my…the speed, need to get me one of those.

So the training went well, really really well. I hope it hasn’t left me over confident. The fella who was always training had foot down, skids and trashed cones but that’s fine he has got it out of the way now. I didn’t have any of that so I hope I’m not saving it up for a massive fail!! I know I can do the moves, flew through the mock tests, it just nerves that will get me. Even typing this and my stomach is churning.

Any tips to help tomorrow?

unfortunately on the mod 1 its mainly nerves that get people. Take a big breath in between sections - there is no time limit don't get rushed and panic. I asked for a few seconds after moving the bike from one box to the other! Remember mirror check mirror check when you move from anywhere! Especially after you have finished all the parts - it doesn't end until you leave the area :)

Head up, you'll be grand! :thumb:

You said it yourself know the moves its just another training session before your real test, riding your bike on the open road. Take your time no need to rush your maneuvers. I even had to stick a leg down for a moment in mine guy still passed me and im still really bad at slow cornering

Mild panic setting in. Had a full days training on Monday, first time on a ‘big’ bike. Oh my…the speed, need to get me one of those.

So the training went well, really really well. I hope it hasn’t left me over confident. The fella who was always training had foot down, skids and trashed cones but that’s fine he has got it out of the way now. I didn’t have any of that so I hope I’m not saving it up for a massive fail!! I know I can do the moves, flew through the mock tests, it just nerves that will get me. Even typing this and my stomach is churning.

Any tips to help tomorrow?

Good Luck for tomorrow,Bill

I passed!!!! so happy. One step closer to losing the L-plates. Just a shame I have to wait until October. Two years to pass my MOD 2 now as I never want to go through that again. So nervy, proper hand shaking. Worked myself up about the U-turn. What I didn't know until my instructor told me today was that the U turn I have been practicing is a much tighter turn than the test centre so I will have plenty of room to nail it and nail it I did!

One fault on swerve/avoidance 48kph instead of 50kph but he said within tolerance and didn't ask me to do it again. Thinking back it was all pretty straightforward. I was the 2nd to go, the fella who I trained with went first and unfortunately didn't go fast enough on the avoidance on both attempts.

Really helped reading through the experience thread and trust in what your instructor has taught you.

Might go for a little ride out later and I don't have to stop on the way back and practice bloody u-turns and figure 8 anymore!!!!!!!!

Top stuff Foxy - mod2 is a breeze in comparison! :thumb:

Let your trainers know if you are open to cancellations they may be able to get you in quicker (if you want!) :cheers:

ha ha, phone call was made to the training scholl office as soon as I had the certificate in my hand :D