All the Gear and no idea.

Okay so first things first I'm an absolute novice in this forum however I have said Hola in the Hola section..

So ive booked my CBT and subsequently also DAS course.. They are roughly a month apart. The CBT being middle of december and the DAS being end of January. First off would it be beneficial to get a cheap 125 in this time? I know it's been covered with people riding for up and beyond a year with a 125 but will a month have much of a difference?

And secondly when it comes to the CBT is it worth investing in my own Helmet and Gear? Or hold off until the DAS stage?:)

Thanks for any help!

Josh:)

Yeah....I'd deffo start getting your gear together...... 8-)

For potentially 1 month between the CBT and your DAS I'd not bother getting a 125 for that short time.....wait until you get your DAS and then see what takes your fancy..... 8-)

:stupid:

Own gear so you are comfortable

as for the 125 that depends how long you plan on keeping it?

if you plan on doing your test then have your heart set on a bike then skip the 125 and save the money for insurance or something

I'd think it was a good idea to get some gear together, starting with the helmet - the ones the schools give you never fit as well as one you get fitted in a shop. And you're going to need the gear as soon as you're through the DAS. But for me, I wouldn't bother with getting a 125 just for a month: too much hassle (and cost too) for too little benefit.

Thanks guys! I've saved enough for a 125 but seeing as that may not be the best case I think I'll better invest it in gear!

Also, as I'm going to be learning and beginning to ride during the winter, what's my best bet with gear? I'd rather leathers due to them being safer but are they going to keep me warm?.. Sorry to ask really basic questions! Haha

Start off by getting some decent textiles for now. Which as said can be used in summer and winter.

Work up from there.

You will in a few year have more bike gear than you now think humanly possible :thumb:

Yeah....start off with a set of textiles and work up from there..... :wink:

I know this stuff had Triumph emblazoned on it......but it's pretty good gear.....especially at these prices....http://www.triumphfactoryoutlet.com/mens-explorer-textile-jacket.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Textiles it is then! Haha

Looking at getting an sv650 as I've heard and read pretty good things! So I would of thought I'll look a muppet cutting about with triumph textiles :wink: haha

i only did my CBT yesterday but i had all my own gear minus trousers (i had heavy duty work trousers on)

the other guy on my test rocked up in a pair of ripped jeans, a hoody and chewed up boots. had to wear the 'store gear'

he said he was stinking when he took it all back off :mrgreen: