Honda xr125 2004

Crazy Welsh

Not down here in Lancashire, we tell the women what to do....bugger ...the missus is coming :shock:

:pop: haha quick delete delete. Think I stay single. Much less hassle, unless I date a bike mechanic. Nw there is a good idea.

hi been reading your post I have had fun with my xr , two questions is the kill button working, give it a bit of wd40 and second question is it a 04 or 03 model mine is 04 on the plate but 03 on the model cos they are different in a few ways my 03 starts with out touching the clutch

I have quite a few spares in the wiring department loom even have a new loom

hope you can sort your bike out soon

You need to get that bike fixed and get out riding with local bikers, but look for a guy with a BMW ,their the ones with the money :D

Date went well. Enjoyed the 2 hours in gym, made him do Zumba was great fun haha. Will keep eye out for BMW riders haha.

hi been reading your post I have had fun with my xr , two questions is the kill button working, give it a bit of wd40 and second question is it a 04 or 03 model mine is 04 on the plate but 03 on the model cos they are different in a few ways my 03 starts with out touching the clutch

I have quite a few spares in the wiring department loom even have a new loom

hope you can sort your bike out soon

hi. My bike is 2004 plate. Bollocking! Forgot to get WD40. Will have a look at the starter switch tomorrow. My head is no longer working when I look at the bike. Any hints tips would be great ,thank you. I do like this bike,not as much fun as the Honda MTX I had but I still enjoy riding it,when it goes.

there right bast*rds some times it seems that the most simple thing cause them to not start bit like my daughter , sounds to me that you need some one who knows what there doing ,needs to have a look at your bike

like if it bump starts ,,not in your flat ,, its got to be the starting electrics so battery starter switch wiring to starter or even the starter

I had a right problem with mine put a new loom on in the end , then it started only to play up turned out to be a duff plug altho it was new, now its not charging

if I can be any help with some electric al wiring parts let me know

When try bump start it blows the blue 15 amp fuse. I do need someone out to look at it but I have been conned out of a good few hundred quid so now can not afford anyone else to come out. Also the last guy hit my dog so I threw him out. The only problem with being a female, you get taken advantage of. I am running out of ideas. The solenoid is still making the clicking noise.

Not yet. Bike dad is away on his bike. I am just out of bed. This is getting bad, I am usually up and about first thing but the last two weeks I have been a lazy cow. Can you get really sad about a bike?

You can certainly get frustrated, all part of owning a bike, but really need to test that starter motor off the bike , if that spins we can move on to the next fault, don't get disheartened :thumb:

Diolch. Thank you spanner. My last bike was always easy to fix,I miss 2 strokes. Maybe I will give today a miss on it. My head is pounding, will message my bike dad to see when he free. Think a bag of donuts and crisps are needed haha.

Do you think it would be worth asking on here if someone knows a reliable mechanic in Scotland? But has to not con me out of money,hit my dog or try and shag me.

Certainly worth a try,with all things motorbike you need to master that multimeter, that and the wiring diagram are your best friends, but set up a new topic asking for help in Scotland, they are a good bunch on here and I'm sure if any one is local they will get in contact with you, but don't put your address up for safety's sake :thumb:

Certainly CW, you can always rely on help, but while your laid up today ,have a read of that multimeter Instruction booklet I sent you and have a practice in using it, you will pick it up and be able to check all the wiring, have a look at section 5-5 in the manual , next test after the starter motor is the diode. :thumb:

don't lose heart ,with the bike , easy to say as I know how frustrating the bloody things can be, chill out some one will come to your aid

just do things you understand even if its only cleaning it, with out trying to confuse you even more sounds like you have a short in the started wiring but don't worry as the weekend is going to be shit weather so you wouldn't have gone out on the bike anyway

don't lose heart ,with the bike , easy to say as I know how frustrating the bloody things can be, chill out some one will come to your aid

just do things you understand even if its only cleaning it, with out trying to confuse you even more sounds like you have a short in the started wiring but don't worry as the weekend is going to be shit weather so you wouldn't have gone out on the bike anyway

trying not to let it get to me but when you lose your job and threatened with eviction due to not being able to pay the rent it does put a downer on life a bit. Will get worse before it gets better I suppose. But the will get better. If not I will strip it and sell for spares and repairs. Put a shot load of new stuff on it. Even brand new tyres,dying to be used in the woods lol.

when you have given up or things get so desperate and you do decide to sell your xr give me a shout ps will you be able to get it out of your flat in one piece

I want it to just start. Will not sell it but will threaten it with the scrap yard haha. For now will just be an ornament until I get a job to pay for someone to come out and look at it.

Never mind the junk food eat the haggis, it puts a lining on the stomach, used to eat it all the time when I was in a Scottish Regiment, great for going on the lash, which I don't do either now :cry:

Lovely haggis lol. I am a vegetarian so will stick to just shagging the sheep and eating grass haha. The weather is pouring down today so a good day to clean the bike.