Oil change

mike_1984

Hiya Guys

Just cleaned and lubed up the chain and deiced to check the oil level while im at it. its not below the low level but not far above it and i drained a little from the crankcase to find its slightly brown however i cant for the life of me get the oil drain cap off its stuck tight!

Any suggestions?? i dont want to round the bolt off but i think thats gonna happen if i put any more pressure on.

cheers.

Hiya Guys

Just cleaned and lubed up the chain and deiced to check the oil level while im at it. its not below the low level but not far above it and i drained a little from the crankcase to find its slightly brown however i cant for the life of me get the oil drain cap off its stuck tight!

Any suggestions?? i dont want to round the bolt off but i think thats gonna happen if i put any more pressure on.

cheers.

Don't use a torque wrench at any point during the oil change.

Six sided socket is best. It's meant to undo, so you'll have to lean on it. If you're unlucky, it may have been over tightened and someone has sealed it because there was a crack in the sump. Only one way to drain the oil unless you remove the sump.

Was the engine hot when you tried?

It should be hot when you drain the oil so that it flows out more effectively and quickly. The plus side is that the plug should be easier to turn then too.

As already recommended above.

Use 6 sided socket - less chance of rounding the bolt head.

Try loosening with the engine hot, sump pans are usually aluminium which expands more then steel (bolt) Hence it will be easier to undo.

When trying to undo the bolt apply the force in a rotary direction. IF you need an extension bar on the socket, support the end of the extension with one hand while pushing the end of the wrench with he other hand.

Tight bolts with often free suddenly, wear a pair of gloves to avoid injury to your hands.

Hiya Guys

cheers.

Don't use a torque wrench at any point during the oil change.

And why not beefy?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

See Megawatts reply [emoji38]
Strange I thought you might have some personal experience you could use to explain. [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk