Help would you stick or swap

Richard1985

So what are you going to do it the future when you have to ride a proper bike with proper gears ? You will be back to square one again .

he cant be that bad if he managed to complete a CBT. lessons.. and all parts of the test after a couple of attempts. I would guess the biggest problem is due to his stature and perhaps, making a mistake with the bike he originally bought. also having a crash.. dented his confidence in that particular bike. It happens.

So what are you going to do it the future when you have to ride a proper bike with proper gears ? You will be back to square one again .

I wasn't aware you had to have gears to have a proper bike!

[mention]Gerontious[/mention] you best sell that heap of a non proper bike you have just bought! its all fake I tell you :lol:

@Gerontious you best sell that heap of a non proper bike you have just bought! its all fake I tell you :lol:

There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding. the bikes.. both of them have Gears. 6 of them. and the ability to use them normally. the main difference though is that the bike doesn't have a clutch lever.. so all changes are 'clutchless' but.. you can have a standard foot operated gear lever if you want as an optional extra.. or use the paddles on the grips. up and down. Finally.. if you really want to. you can ride the bike in full manual mode. by turning off the 'automatic'. There are a whole load of options available to the rider... just no more messing with a clutch lever. that has.. on these bikes gone the way of the dodo.

bear in mind that Honda are rolling this new type of transmission for all their bigger bikes. Honda are first to do it.. and about 40% of all bikes sold are DCT. so.. there is a demand. And... I doubt very much if the rest of the Big 4 will stand idly by.

The Crumble tried one the other day.. the first time he didnt get it. this second time he very much did. test riding from the same dealership I got mine.

">

In all honesty I will be riding manual bikes in the near future as I'm doing the er courses in prep for being a blood biker here in west wales and the three main bikes they have are the manual nc750x the gsxf 1200 and fjr1300

@Gerontious you best sell that heap of a non proper bike you have just bought! its all fake I tell you :lol:

There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding. the bikes.. both of them have Gears. 6 of them. and the ability to use them normally. the main difference though is that the bike doesn't have a clutch lever.. so all changes are 'clutchless' but.. you can have a standard foot operated gear lever if you want as an optional extra.. or use the paddles on the grips. up and down. Finally.. if you really want to. you can ride the bike in full manual mode. by turning off the 'automatic'. There are a whole load of options available to the rider... just no more messing with a clutch lever. that has.. on these bikes gone the way of the dodo.

bear in mind that Honda are rolling this new type of transmission for all their bigger bikes. Honda are first to do it.. and about 40% of all bikes sold are DCT. so.. there is a demand. And... I doubt very much if the rest of the Big 4 will stand idly by.

The Crumble tried one the other day.. the first time he didnt get it. this second time he very much did. test riding from the same dealership I got mine.

">

its the non believers you have to convince not me :wink:

The DCT reminds me of the VAG DSG gearbox thats used in many of their cars and many people swear they will never have an auto until they drive one of these cars with the DSG :lol:

As the saying goes don't knock it till you've tried it :)

Balls to the techo-wizardry, get something hard as nails and crash it until you know your better, then you'll be confident about where your limits are :mrgreen:

And if you're iffy about gear changed, get a single and err towards high gears. Nice and forgiving!