Fell off

Mrgentry

Dear all,

Don't worry it wasn't me. Got a 2009 ernf and when having A look at home this came off. Any ideas? Was near the clutch fairing.

Oops can't insert photo, small plastic "bulb" with up and an arrow on]n it facing up. Deteriated rubber tube at both ends.

Thanks in advanced

https://photos.app.goo.gl/y2XCEinRHmmW8EUC8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rxWeFozi7nsBsUBNA

Mr G

certainly looks like a fuel filter, but the arrow usually indicates direction of flow, this one seems to indicate the orientation of the filter itself, as above check for smell of fuel, good luck :thumb:

Thanks all, the filter up was facing up, I suppose simple method is taking fairing off and find the broken pipe. Sort of looking for a heads up if you will :D having said that it could have been placed in wrong way round by seller before selling. Lots of oil and crud near by. I'll feed back when I know what's what.

No filter mechanism within, it's an empty bulb. If fuel filter (which I believe would have corrugated stuff within) would the bike not just cut out and piss fuel everywhere. Excuse my ignorance :angel12:

No filter mechanism within, it's an empty bulb. If fuel filter (which I believe would have corrugated stuff within) would the bike not just cut out and piss fuel everywhere. Excuse my ignorance :angel12:

It's not the crank breather is it? Some have a small tank to collect crud that gets drained at service intervals.

My post was just a guess; Mississippi Bullfrog's explanation seems more like it. The smell should give an indication from where it originated from.

Sorry for the late reply , it's the fuel tank breather catch tank . All it does is prevent fuel spilling onto the ground if you accidentally miss the hole when filling up . There is a pipe that goes straight through the tank and this thing goes in line in the rubber pipe that attatches to that . It's illegal to spill fuel in certain states of America so this thing catches the spillage . When you notice it's full you pull out the bung in the end of the pipe and drain off the fuel to be disposed of responsibly . CHUCK IT AWAY , you don't need it . Here you go it's part No. 3

Screenshot_20190706-112756.thumb.png.e89fffc9191762f7bad6ea83f1bd85d3.png

Sorry for the late reply , it's the fuel tank breather catch tank . All it does is prevent fuel spilling onto the ground if you accidentally miss the hole when filling up . There is a pipe that goes straight through the tank and this thing goes in line in the rubber pipe that attatches to that . It's illegal to spill fuel in certain states of America so this thing catches the spillage . When you notice it's full you pull out the bung in the end of the pipe and drain off the fuel to be disposed of responsibly . CHUCK IT AWAY , you don't need it . Here you go it's part No. 3

however you need to contemplate the fact that if you now miss / over fill tank you run the risk of fuel being poured onto your hot engine/exhaust or your boots/clothing...

as it is designed to exit at number 7 on the diagram ....its now exiting at number 3 ...i would suggest either replacing it or finding a way of extending the pipe so that it expells itself away from these items ..

however you need to contemplate the fact that if you now miss / over fill tank you run the risk of fuel being poured onto your hot engine/exhaust or your boots/clothing...

as it is designed to exit at number 7 on the diagram ....its now exiting at number 3 ...i would suggest either replacing it or finding a way of extending the pipe so that it expells itself away from these items ..

Point taken, I've just got a pipe straight to the ground without the catch tank . It's routed through the clip on the swinging arm out of harm's way.