EU motorbike not registred in UK

Ironpergolas

Hello everyone,

I'm new here so happy to meet you all. I'm writing to get some info about my actual situation with my motorbike, I hope you can help me. Let me explain:

3 years ago I brought my motorbike from Italy to UK (I'm Italian and also the motorbike is registered in Italy). I am aware that I should have registered my motorbike in UK after 6 months but for personal/work reasons I started to travel a lot and I barely used the motorbike since I brought it here (I have done 300 km in 3 years) so I missed the 6 months deadline (my fault). In the last weeks few things changed and I'm planning to move back to Italy but I'm trying to figure out what could happen once I will cross the UK border to Dover. The fact that the motorbike is not UK registered after 3 years could be a problem at the border?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

I'm worried also for possible fines I may have taken

The first days in London I got few flashes from speed cam, never recieved a fine, neither in UK nor in Italy.

Because my recent shitty inexistent luck, I have the feeling that they are 'waiting for me' at the border

They havent been in touch after nearly 3 years lol

I have a feeling you wont be hearing anything soon.

I am with the others just go for it you are leaving and if you get pulled I am sure you can revert to your native language and play dumb.

I work in the building trade and have seen more than a few eastern European cars that have never been UK registered after years lol.

I group of brickies I know have been back to Romania quite a few times and have used their car over here for more than 5 years.

Cheers

Ian

At the moment the border controls are more interested why you are travelling due to the coronavirus virus lockdowns. If anything you are more likely to be waived through on an Italian reg bike - you are returning to your home country.

Just make sure you have the correct international travel assertation for France and go for it :bike2:

Edited by M620

Hi

Is your bike still legal in Italy? If it has been here for a number of years have you kept up to date with whatever the requirements are in your home country. In the UK you may not get stopped but once in mainland Europe it is a different matter and they are more likely to be aware of the vehicle legislation than the average UK bobby. Some countries may confiscate the bike immediately.

Hi

Is your bike still legal in Italy? If it has been here for a number of years have you kept up to date with whatever the requirements are in your home country. In the UK you may not get stopped but once in mainland Europe it is a different matter and they are more likely to be aware of the vehicle legislation than the average UK bobby. Some countries may confiscate the bike immediately.

I'd not worry about it, they won't know how long its been here, you're Italian, have an Italian licence and bike and have visited the UK and are heading home as far as they're concerned, make sure you're insured etc back at home and legal to ride and go for it.