pulling and cutting out

Tentuntim

recently iv been having problems with my bike, firstly trying to get it started can be a real nightmare usually when it cuts out on its own, then when its going and im in motion it will chug or pull back a couple of weeks ago it was when i got to around 55mph, then last week it was 45mph now its all the time. Sometimes it would cut out if i come to a stand still at lights for example then would be hard to start. But today has done it for me, constantly stalling when im in motion i would go then stall all the time no matter how slow im going, is this just a clean out job?

This is for a Lexmoto Monza 125 scotter (automatic) belt driven.

Thanks

Is it carb or fuel injection? I'd start by checking if the battery terminals are tight. Give the other connectors a once over too, it could be a loose connection. Check if it's got spark when it cuts out. If you've got a good spark but it's not starting it's probably a fuel problem

I had this problem recently on my 125 and I was told it might be a sticky fuel float in the tank. This sounded most unlikely to me who clearly knows nothing cos I followed the instructions below and it’s now working perfectly.

Empty fuel tank. Clean float if you can (I couldn’t n didn’t). Waggle it up n down and whilst spraying with Easy Start n make sure it’s moving freely.

Good as new.

The float felt like it was already moving freely before the easy start but clearly it wasn’t.

I did also refuel adding some fuel stabiliser, that wasn’t part of the fix but I’ll never know if it was part of it working again.

When was it last fully serviced? Could be as simple as an old plug and the gap is out.

its been a while it actually got stolen and got it back recently but i did take it in to the garage to have it checked over, but dident have a service. I dont have a back mud guard so im thinking all the mess thats got in there. Just wanted to make sure before i spend money. Thanks for all the input :cheers:

As it's been stolen/recovered there could be any number of issues with it, the only real way to sort it would be to systematically check/inspect all of the fuel and electric systems including the wiring, and give it a major service, what you have to consider though, is it worth it, can you do it yourself or would you need the services of a mechanic, would you be better off advertising it as a spares/repair and using the money towards another bike/scooter, best of luck with it :thumb: