Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

S-Westerly

Good afternoon!

Took the car back to the garage, and it was confirmed quickly to be the rear wheel bearing on the left side. Guess is a defect at manufacture caused premature failure. Got a courtesy car, it should be back to me by the end of the week. The salesman was very apologetic, and to be fair to them, it got bad very quickly so I believe him when he says he didn't hear it, so I didn't give any of them a hard time over it. Chalk it up to teething issues. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Good afternoon!

Took the car back to the garage, and it was confirmed quickly to be the rear wheel bearing on the left side. Guess is a defect at manufacture caused premature failure. Got a courtesy car, it should be back to me by the end of the week. The salesman was very apologetic, and to be fair to them, it got bad very quickly so I believe him when he says he didn't hear it, so I didn't give any of them a hard time over it. Chalk it up to teething issues. 

Good to hear about great service 

• Like 2

Morning.

Was browsing eBay this morning and came across a bike that looked very much as if someone had bolted a top box in place of one of the panniers.

Looked rather silly.

Ho hum, back to work...

• Haha 2

Good afternoon :classic_biggrin:

I've taken the afternoon off flexi 👍

We're taking the campervan to get a quote for the work that needs doing!I think my bank balance is about to be well and truly hammered!:crybaby:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good afternoon,

I think I've got the flu. Night time fever and hallucinations, next to no sleep, temperature all over the show and a throat that feels like it's full of razor blades. Seem to be turning a corner now but I had to stop work yesterday and take the day to just lie down and recover.

On the upside, my car has been fixed, and is all sorted. So that little drama is over. I'm desperately missing my old car though, impractical as it was. I don't usually attach to my cars the way I do with my bikes, but I did love hooning about in it. 

18 minutes ago, Fozzie said:

Good afternoon,

I think I've got the flu. Night time fever and hallucinations, next to no sleep, temperature all over the show and a throat that feels like it's full of razor blades. Seem to be turning a corner now but I had to stop work yesterday and take the day to just lie down and recover.

On the upside, my car has been fixed, and is all sorted. So that little drama is over. I'm desperately missing my old car though, impractical as it was. I don't usually attach to my cars the way I do with my bikes, but I did love hooning about in it. 

Bad news about the flu, hope it's over quickly.

Good news about the car though!!

• Like 1

Good afternoon. Just spent the last couple of days in London being exposed to culture by my wife. British Museum was okay and enjoyed the Roman Army exhibition. Courtaulds Gallery was a grind and the miles of London streets were mostly interesting.  But..... I didn't hear a single "Cockney" accent the whole time. The place has certainly changed over the last 20 years or so.

• Like 3