Brampton, 31st May 08

nman1

Hi all, right heres the plan. Roy, I know you suggested meeting at the X services but most of us going will be around the brampton area, (I may be able to persuade a few bikers in my village to join us) so how about the car park outside my flat (or round the back if busy) at 11.00am Post code for anyone who wants to do a route planner is PE28 4TQ although if snowy is meeting up with Ian etc then Ian knows the way. We can make final plans for the Ace on the Saturday.

Let me know what yopu think.

Neil

Snowy, you got booked in anywhere yet. Let us know if your having problems and I`ll see what I can do. Like I say, if you need to kip down and don`t mind slumming it at mine you`re welcome

Guest philgale

right work have screwed me over, i change branch and no cant get the saturday off work, so will be ragging it down saturday night to do the ace on the sunday.....

right work have screwed me over, i change branch and no cant get the saturday off work, so will be ragging it down saturday night to do the ace on the sunday.....

cough... cough.... sounds like you've got a nasty cold ;)

Guest philgale

cough... cough.... sounds like you've got a nasty cold ;)

you know i fell something coming on :lol:

Sounds good to me.

Snowy - shall we arrange to be at Stibbington for about 10:30am then?

10.30 is ok. will you be stopping for a bite to eat or just a cuppa.

Sounds good to me.

probably just a cuppa.

It's only an hour from mine to there, so I'll probably scoff some food before leaving :)

Good stuff snowy and mrs snowy, looks like there will be at least 5 for beers saturday night.

I believe Grumpy is running a quiz Saturday night too.... five's good enough for team ;)

Sounds good to me.

probably just a cuppa.

It's only an hour from mine to there, so I'll probably scoff some food before leaving :)

ok. do same here

Just realised it`s Sids birthday that day and his sister is having a bit of a get together (he does not know) so there should be a good few in.

So neil we gonna meet near u on the sat then eh, no probs just be me then poss have phill and jota for sun, do we know if we got a 125 on the run or have i got it completly wrong as this affect route for sunday to ace, plus do we want to get down there and scenic back or scenic down blat back

Is ginganinja snowy other half ???????

Or do ya know em already ??????

no. chris is other half,the one on front of bike.we dont know ginganinja yet. in fact dont know any of you yet 8)

So neil we gonna meet near u on the sat then eh, no probs just be me then poss have phill and jota for sun, do we know if we got a 125 on the run or have i got it completly wrong as this affect route for sunday to ace, plus do we want to get down there and scenic back or scenic down blat back

Ginga is one of my mates, and he's on a 125 with big red L's (so no motorways for him).

If it makes a big difference to the route etc, I dont mind splitting off with him and taking a diff route? (not that I currently KNOW any way :P)

Hey no worries 2 wheels is 2 wheels mate more the merrier i say and less likely i get done for speeding LOL

Right so got to get a route 125 freindly and coco and maiden sorted

So for all peeps on the beer sat night what time do we want to ride at sun morn for the ace ?????????????

Hi Roy, you OK with that plan ? if so, just to confirm with everyone, 11.00am Saturday outside my flat, I take it you know the way, If not give me a bell. . Yes we will have a 125 with L plates with us for the Sunday ride. Ginga is a mate of Ians (SK93) and Ian is son of GOG. Arn`t we all just one big happy family :lol: :lol:

By the way, how did you get on testing out the Bandit. ???? Taking day off work tomorrow so I`ll not be able to answer any queries after 3.45pm today. If you need any help with anything post to SK93 and he can then ring me. You OK with this Ian ????

Roy

The current plan is that I will meet Maiden at Watford Station at 09:00 on Sunday morning and then head for the meeting place. From Watford to Neil's place is about 1hr 20 mins. The satnav figures that it would take about 2 hrs to get from Neil's to the Ace, avoiding motorways.

Neil

I have used your postcode to calculate the timings above, but that shows up as High Street, Brampton. In an earlier post you mentioned a carpark. Is this on the North side of the High Street, between Church Road and Manor Close. (I've never been to Brampton but it's amazing what you seee on Google maps!)

Cheers,

Colin

Coco, the car park is next toa row of shops between "horseshoes way" and "grove lane" if you ride up the high street you cant miss the row of shops. There`s a Co-Op, Dentist, Take-a-way. The car park is next to the dentist.

Roy, you suggest the time and we can all discuss on the Saturday.

I have used your postcode to calculate the timings above, but that shows up as High Street, Brampton. In an earlier post you mentioned a carpark. Is this on the North side of the High Street, between Church Road and Manor Close. (I've never been to Brampton but it's amazing what you seee on Google maps!)

Cheers,

Colin

This map shows exactly which carpark he's on about :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=52.323626,+-0.227288&ie=UTF8&ll=52.323409,-0.226137&spn=0.001682,0.005&t=h&z=18

the green arrow is in the "big carpark round the back".

Just to the north of the green arrow, is a smaller carpark (seperated from the main carpark by some grass)... thats the "ideal" meeting place, but as Nman says, it can get filled with shoppers :)

Roy, as people need to know before I go on leave shall we say 11.00am outside my place again for the Sunday. Chris, Rach, Ian, Dave and me will already be in brampton and Co-co and maiden have planned to meet here as well. This should give them 2 hours to get to mine. You OK with riding over to mine and from there onto Ace.

Text/phone me on my mobile if you feel you want to cahnge for any reason.

Cheers mate

Neil