Overbearing Wives putting the kybosh on Bikes!

XTreme

Life would be no fun if we were wrapped in cotton wool and never did anything. There is risk in all things.

I don't think its about that I just think some women are control freaks :lol:

exactly that... if it was fishing or golf they would give you a hard time , with biking a control freak uses the , its dangerous angle .

I met my wife in 1981 when I had a GT250 after that a GT380, she used to ride pillion on both. She still comments on the time one of the baffles on the 380 fell out and she had the job of holding a dirty, oily piece of Suzuki exhaust until we got home to fix it.

That was then and now nearly 40 years later, she flatly refuses to go out on any of my bikes; too uncomfortable, noisy, getting blown about, forget it., I'll take the car.

She loves getting a dig in when anyone asks how many bikes I've got "SIX what do you need all them for "?.?

And no she doesn't stop me from going out on them or tinkering in the garage, just the odd comment when an ebay parcel arrives with more goodies.

Got into bikes late, but the mrs encourages me. Me mum too - bless her. It's the children I have trouble with, especially with their mother, its "Don't you know it's dangerous to go on the back a bike?!" Apparently with me they're comfortable with the risk :lol:

Been divorced 5 years, my ex wife was cool about me and my bikes. She used to ride pillion and in the 90s we used to go to lots of GP/WSB/BSB races together. When she got pregnant with my son she stopped going on the bikes but that's understandable.She used to say that one parent dying was better than two.

She persuaded me to give them up for a couple of years but I just couldn't stand it and bought another Fireblade without her knowing. She went insane but later accepted that's what I love. So she went and had an affair, f**ked everything up and lost everything we had. Funny old world.

Have to say that I love being on my own at the moment and doing my own thing. I could take my bike anywhere I want right now but I won't. Its pissing down :D

my better half is sweet, not into bikes but no problem that i am , i make sure she gets her holidays in the sun which i like to .... all's good ,

im just an thoughtful kind hearted gentleman , although im confused of late , its in my nature to hold doors open and give up my seat for a lady but what with all this equal rights , equal pay , should i still being doing this ??

You still went into a paddy when your purple dinosaur got binned though !!!!!!!!!! PMSL.

Cheers

Ian

She persuaded me to give them up for a couple of years but I just couldn't stand it and bought another Fireblade without her knowing. She went insane but later accepted that's what I love. So she went and had an affair, f**ked everything up and lost everything we had. Funny old world.

Shit! That's bad!

Shit! That's bad!

Innit.