Connect helmet to satnav and phone

Hi,

I´ve been trying to connect my phone and sat nav to my srl2 intercom system and while they both connect easily enough the phone won´t connect the call part to the intercom system if the sat nav is already connected only the media part. 

The same goes for the sat nav, it won´t connect at all with the intercom if the phone is already connected. Has anyone else had this problem. I enjoy listening to music and long rides but still need to be reachable by phone as well as needig to head the instructions from my satnav, does anyone know how to fix this and connect them all together properly?

Apparently your intercom only allows 1 device at the time.

I'm not familiar with your intercom, does it allow multiple riders? maybe you will need to toggle between connections when you want to change from the phone to the satnav

The SRL 2 is based on the 20S so you can pair two devices. The way I do it is thus, Connect your GPS as phone number 1 and connect your phone as phone number 2. The Sena needs to see the GPS as a phone. If you connect it as a GPS you will not get the phone function.

It's a pain isn't it? Tech, when it's against you is a freaking nuisance  Try what @raesewell suggests, my calls were showing up on the GPS but I couldn't hear them last time I went out. I've deleted all pairings and connected them up like Rae says, will hopefully try this tomorrow, see if it fixes my woes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if OP had any success. Pairing my phone to my Sena as second mobile phone has not helped me. Now when I am not using the TomTom, but just want to be able to use my phone from the headset, it doesn't work. It's definitely paired as mobile phone 2. When it connects, Sena says "device connected" (not "phone connected" as I would expect). I can't hear anything, no ringing for calls, can't play music to my headset. 

Man, it's difficult.  

On 30/11/2020 at 11:37, raesewell said:

The SRL 2 is based on the 20S so you can pair two devices. The way I do it is thus, Connect your GPS as phone number 1 and connect your phone as phone number 2. The Sena needs to see the GPS as a phone. If you connect it as a GPS you will not get the phone function.

Is it significant that @raesewell says pair the phone as mobile phone 2? And don't forget @Stu I am now talking about when I only have the mobile phone connected and the TomTom is left at home. I can't use the phone now but as it's the only device connected to the headset,  there's no problem with priority is there?

Well there is only one way to find out and that is to pair as mobile 1 which is how I think it should be! 

I have different devices to you! I have the packtalk and garmin 

The phone goes to channel 1

sat nav to channel 2 paired as a GPS 

Phone to the sat nav 

My set up just works! I can decide what to use and when. 

Ie I can just go out with the phone and all works well I can do the same with the sat nav 

I can also take both out and decide how to route calls and music! Ie through the sat nav or straight to the headset