Lake District people...

Your 40th!!! :D

I thought denial came after an event, not two months before!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for then.

Whatever you do, take care & have fun. :D

PROFILE >>>>>>>

Last active: 26 May 2008

Total posts: 2192

[1.22% of total / 7.28 posts per day]

Find all posts by queen bodecia

Interests: Jack Daniels

Date of birth: 28 Jul 1968

if you head from windermere to barrow, you travel down past windermere (the lake) and can then travel along the funess coast line, of morecambe bay and back upto windermere

otherwise Askam or Walney are great places to watch the tide..

click on image to enlarge.

coastal.JPG.6fb330c2212c3dd0edb5673b1a2ac09f.JPG

I'm sure I've been to Hawes. Isn't that more North Yorkshire than Lake District...?

I'll need to visit somewhere coastal whilst I'm there. Being in Derbyshire means I very rarely see the sea...

i live in whitehaven and in my opinion its the best views in the area for costal sights. it has a great marina to park up and go for a walk.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still waiting to see what the weather's gonna be like before I commit to taking the bike. Plus my poorly cat might end up curtailing my plans...

However, all being well, I'll be on bike and arriving late afternoon Saturday 26th, so a Sunday meet gets my vote. I'll keep yas posted...

Hell no matey. My 1st TMBF rideout was on a 125 cruiser that would only do 60 flat out, along the A65 to Harrogate with 7 or 8 big bikes behind me.

I for one am grateful for how welcome i've been made to feel on rides on my 125, and I hope i'm not alone in saying that these rideouts should be open to all forum members regardless of bike.

JM

I'm staying just outside Windermere, so could be persuaded with a Devil's Bridge stop off on the way there on the Saturday (can I get a cuppa there?) and/or a Sunday meet...

So far the long range forecast for next weekend looks OK-ish but it's a bit too early to tell...

My other variable is my poorly cat. I have friends who will look after her, but I'm not leaving her unless she makes a significant improvement this week...

Anyway, will keep yas all posted...

I'm staying just outside Windermere, so could be persuaded with a Devil's Bridge stop off on the way there on the Saturday (can I get a cuppa there?) and/or a Sunday meet...

So far the long range forecast for next weekend looks OK-ish but it's a bit too early to tell...

My other variable is my poorly cat. I have friends who will look after her, but I'm not leaving her unless she makes a significant improvement this week...

Anyway, will keep yas all posted...

Oh yes!