Is The Royal Enfield Himalayan Getting A Nav Upgrade?

Admin

22 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wouldn’t compare new with second hand, need to compare both new or both second hand. A new GS would comparatively set you back a lot more.
The Himalayan sits in an inbetween world of not being a true off road bike but it’s very capable and comfortable enough to do the miles on. You wouldn’t necessarily want to ride with other people on more powerful adventure bikes on motorways n dual carriageways though cos it’s not powerful enough. It can do 80 but it’s not happy.

I picked up my used Himalayan for £2900 it was only one year old and only 1900 miles on the clock. Already had an immobiliser fitted, heated grips and sintered brake pads. Bargain. 

alternatives are not double the money ..... GS 310,  2020 , 900 miles on clock this as a close to new as you can get, for more or less than a new Enfield .

BMW G310GS (2020/20) for sale [ref: 58349149] | MCN (motorcyclenews.com)

Edited by Six30

In my view the 310 is not an alternative, it’s not I bike I could sit on all day, it’s not comfortable and BMW themselves acknowledge its not in anyway in the same bracket for reliability or comfort as their other bikes. I did go and look at the 310 and the guy in the BMW dealership said they had had a lot of problems with it. It was a bike than came back in for resale faster than any of their other bikes. I think he said something about it being made somewhere else ie not is the same factory as the other BMWs but I couldn’t swear to it cos it was such a long time ago. 

What I’m saying is for a comfortable adventure bike you can easily spend double and you won’t get the same off road capability and the true off road bikes (high ground clearance hard seats) are not fun over distance. 

If you look at what’s popular for off roading you won’t find the 310 in the mix. If you look at what’s popular for comfortable mile eating touring you won’t find it there either. 

So yeah you can find a cheap alternative but that’s not what I’m talking about because in my view they’re not comparable in bang for your buck. 

47 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wouldn’t compare new with second hand, need to compare both new or both second hand. A new GS would comparatively set you back a lot more.
The Himalayan sits in an inbetween world of not being a true off road bike but it’s very capable and comfortable enough to do the miles on. You wouldn’t necessarily want to ride with other people on more powerful adventure bikes on motorways n dual carriageways though cos it’s not powerful enough. It can do 80 but it’s not happy.

I picked up my used Himalayan for £2900 it was only one year old and only 1900 miles on the clock. Already had an immobiliser fitted, heated grips and sintered brake pads. Bargain. 

I always plan my routes via A roads and avoid motorways wherever possible on the Himma ... as you say, it can do 80 but is a lot happier plodding along between 60 - 70 .... One motor way trip from Sheffield to Dartford (M1 / M25) used a fair bit of oil ... But it's a big clunky single so no surprise.

20 minutes ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

In my view the 310 is not an alternative, it’s not I bike I could sit on all day, it’s not comfortable and BMW themselves acknowledge its not in anyway in the same bracket for reliability or comfort as their other bikes. I did go and look at the 310 and the guy in the BMW dealership said they had had a lot of problems with it. It was a bike than came back in for resale faster than any of their other bikes. I think he said something about it being made somewhere else ie not is the same factory as the other BMWs but I couldn’t swear to it cos it was such a long time ago. 

What I’m saying is for a comfortable adventure bike you can easily spend double and you won’t get the same off road capability and the true off road bikes (high ground clearance hard seats) are not fun over distance. 

If you look at what’s popular for off roading you won’t find the 310 in the mix. If you look at what’s popular for comfortable mile eating touring you won’t find it there either. 

So yeah you can find a cheap alternative but that’s not what I’m talking about because in my view they’re not comparable in bang for your buck. 

you originally said alternatives to the Enfield you can spend double , alternatives being the gs 310 , 250 strom , crf etc .... now your saying for a comfortable adventure bike you can spend double , yeh i agree with that, thats a different league of bike.

8 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

it was a steal :bike2: