Bike cover, armadillo or other?

I have used a similar design of fishing shelter for over 20 years now and once well pegged down this is a great and stable shelter.

I have been out in some horrendous storms up to Gale force 8 and been fine.

If the materials in this shelter are as good as my Aqua bivvy you should be fine.

Obviously seek a sheltered spot if poss and anchor well.

Good luck with your forth coming garage build lol there is no real substitute.

Cheers

Ian

Guest Swagman

I had a bike barn one years ago although it did rot away eventually it was pretty good,if you put the bike away hot it did cause condensation, apart from that the frame bolted to the floor and it was nice and easy to put the bike in, kept the bike dry and I paid over £100 for it about 16 years ago so price hasn’t risen much.👍😀

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using a heavy cover from xlmoto which was great until someone stole it off the bike. I replaced it with an oxford aquatex cover and it's terrible. On a positive note it's thin and light enough to put in my top box. But it bellows about in the wind and it is definitely not waterproof. When I've used it the bike is wet underneath. My bike is garaged up for now but I'll not be using the Oxford cover again

A former colleague of mine got himself a small metal garage.

Just needed a small concrete base, some bolts to anchor it down and problem solved. It is just enough for the bike and some gear and according to him it is perfect.

He even managed to get a power cable into it.

This type

https://www.sheds.co.uk/garden-sheds/metal-sheds.html

https://www.gardensite.co.uk/garden-sheds/metal-sheds/

9 hours ago, daveinlim said:

I've been using a heavy cover from xlmoto which was great until someone stole it off the bike. I replaced it with an oxford aquatex cover and it's terrible. On a positive note it's thin and light enough to put in my top box. But it bellows about in the wind and it is definitely not waterproof. When I've used it the bike is wet underneath. My bike is garaged up for now but I'll not be using the Oxford cover again

Both my bikes have Aquatex covers, and since moving them to the front last March, they have been out in all weathers and i've had no problems with them, and they are exposed to strong winds, the only damage to one of them is a slightly melted strap which was my fault as I should have let it cool down first  :lol:

Mine as of now :thumb:

P1020870.JPG.6f7842f3558e766f44d2b7f80fd4fce4.JPG

Edited by dynax
adding an image