Best small van for transporting motorcycles?

Get yourself an ex Motabilty WAV, most have lowered floors and built in ramps, have a full service history, and some even have winches. In  ours I can fit the CG just but the UM at 7ft6" won't but you can get long wheelbase versions, and as most of them are car derived mainly SUV type won't be classed as commercial on the VED.

Quick google image search shows up variants.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wav+vehicles&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjBmaWLspHuAhVL1hoKHTo1A9wQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw

1 hour ago, dynax said:

Get yourself an ex Motabilty WAV, most have lowered floors and built in ramps, have a full service history, and some even have winches. In  ours I can fit the CG just but the UM at 7ft6" won't but you can get long wheelbase versions, and as most of them are car derived mainly SUV type won't be classed as commercial on the VED.

Quick google image search shows up variants.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wav+vehicles&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjBmaWLspHuAhVL1hoKHTo1A9wQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw

Now that is a sensible idea. I'd look at something along those lines if I was looking for bike transport. Some of the larger ones would be just the thing.

5 hours ago, Tiggie said:

A smaller van that I've seen some use online is a Ford Transit Connect.  Might be too small for your needs though

Ford-Transit-Connect-Motorcycle-Van-13.jpg

UYZCHCASXZAWJN6GL2GJ4BITZQ.jpg

what are the ramps on the dark coloured van as they look nice and wide

• 2 years later...
On 10/01/2021 at 11:56, Trooper74 said:

This my transit 9 seat mini bus .... when bought just over 12 months ago it was £15,000 with 15,000 miles on it .... low emission, saves money if in London.

And great for separating the 4 children on long trips ......

Takes about 5 minutes for 2 people to take all the seats out giving a lot of load space for just about any bike.

It's faultless .... 

IMG_2848.JPG

Such a good looking van that. Just the post I needed as I was looking for a van myself. Wanted a VW transporter but just don’t think there’s enough room in it as I want to put a bed in too with some camping gear. The cost of the transporter though is eye watering.