Lost all my paperwork and second key -_-

skiersteve

Getting a second v5c is fine and the bike only has 6000 miles so its missing the service history for first two of the bike but the rest I can reprint from my mechanic, second key is doomed unless I replace the barrel I guess? For future selling how impactful is only have a v5c and some scrappy service history paper lol, I lost the service book too -_- turned the house upside all last week and must have gotten thrown or left behind when I moved house about 4 months ago, frickin annoying 

The red master key is used for programming new keys, the ECU will then identify two different keys for the bike, however if you don't have a red key, dependant on which transponder chip is used, you should be able to clone a new key however, using this process to obtain a new key, the ECU would think there is only one key due to it being cloned. (lost myself there for a minute 🤣)

2 minutes ago, Pie man said:

The red master key is used for programming new keys, the ECU will then identify two different keys for the bike, however if you don't have a red key, dependant on which transponder chip is used, you should be able to clone a new key however, using this process to obtain a new key, the ECU would think there is only one key due to it being cloned. (lost myself there for a minute 🤣)

its a gsr 750 so nothing fancy, where the heck would I get it cloned? 

9 minutes ago, skiersteve said:

its a gsr 750 so nothing fancy, where the heck would I get it cloned? 

Ask the local scrotes 🤣😂

Try looking for a locksmith a lot of those do them now a days 

A good Auto-Locksmith should be able to do it for you, dependant on the type of transponder that is. I cant recall anyone off the top of my head who does this in the North East however these do in the North West Welcome to Bolton Lock Company Ltd •

Maybe these but its not cheap Auto Locksmith Newcastle | North East Vehicle Keys

Edited by Pie man

Damn annoying but feel your pain - found all my bike documents but can I find any of my car docs? nope! Have to get a new V5c now.

Im sure any locksmith that does auto keys can help but if not/ they are closed then may need to ask a dealer? They may charge a lot more than a locksmith though :(