Newbie Tourer

WheelieGoodTime

Hi folks,

I've always fancied a bike, but recently I've come to the conclusion I need to get on a bike, if only to itch the scratch.
But I also know what I'm like, it'll start (as it has) that I'll be a fair weather rider, low miles using it when the weathers good - but end up putting miles on it.
To this end I've been looking at Tourers, Sports Tourers & Cruisers - I'm not really into Sports bikes per say nor of the Adventure style bikes - I like the idea of a 'do it all' bike, with the possibility of a pillion hence me mainly focusing in on Sports Tourer's.
So far I've got on my list:

Triumph Sprint GT
Kawasaki GTR1400
Yamaha FJR1300

I'd like something that looks good with and without the panniers, but has panniers big enough to store a helmet or two, that can tour the country, drop the luggage and go have some fun with too.

Obviously I understand the above might not be ideal 'starter' bikes but I am confident in my own self control that I will learn slowly, safely on these and grow into them.

Is there any others I should be looking at? Also your thoughts on the above.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum 

I will move this to a more appropriate section as you will get more replies 

I have the FJR and also considered the GTR 

The difference being that the GTR has a higher rear seat and the wife never liked that idea so I never went down that avenue 

All 3 bikes are great but the Sprint is more on the sportier side than the others in terms of riding position 

I'd strongly suggest getting some hands on experience before fixating on one type of bike. A bike which is really comfortable and ticks all the boxes for one person will be an absolute horror for someone else. Also what's your budget, do you want new or used? How much DIY spannering do you want to do? So many factors and the first hurdle is getting the licence. 

IMO I would drop the Trumpet, the other two would get you to the South of France quicker than a rocket, cruise all day in comfort. Get some tests rides in, if they will let you.............