Yamaha Tracer 900 GT

manxie49

14 hours ago, Cam78 said:

I became the owner of 2018 900GT a month ago. Really enjoying it, having upgraded from the 2007 versys 650.

Like a few people have said the seat is one of the worst things. The versys was very comfortable so it was a shock to the backside. I bought an Oxford air seat which makes a difference. The menu wheel is very sticky for me, but don't use it that much. My biggest problem at the moment is the front brake stop switch, I know there was a recall on these in US, but as this is a second hand bike in UK I couldn't find anything, so I bought a replacement assembly but can't find any videos on replacement. Looks easy but I can't trace the connection, any ideas?

Sorry I can't help, I haven't got the bike anymore.  Mine was recalled for that exact same issue that you mention.  Try calling in to your local Yamaha dealer to see if they can help, they may still do free of charge, from my understanding it wasn't a big job 👍

• Thanks 1

I receently had a Tracer 9GT on loan whilst some work was being completed on my Tracer 700. I didn't find the seat bad at all, but then again it does take a very long day on my tracer which everyone moans about the seat on the 700's.

The extra power was nice and expected, played with the various rider modes made for entertaining moments.

Would I buy one as my next bike, I'm not really certain. I have Road 6's on mine which give a level on confidence I simply didn't have on the demo bike.

On 06/04/2023 at 19:28, Cam78 said:

I became the owner of 2018 900GT a month ago. Really enjoying it, having upgraded from the 2007 versys 650.

Like a few people have said the seat is one of the worst things. The versys was very comfortable so it was a shock to the backside. I bought an Oxford air seat which makes a difference. The menu wheel is very sticky for me, but don't use it that much. My biggest problem at the moment is the front brake stop switch, I know there was a recall on these in US, but as this is a second hand bike in UK I couldn't find anything, so I bought a replacement assembly but can't find any videos on replacement. Looks easy but I can't trace the connection, any ideas?

I have a brand new front fender extender and lightly used rear one along with a satnav/phone custom made mount for tracer 900gt which I'm quite happy to part with just for the cost of postage if of any use?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cam78 said:

Thanks Mike. Could you take a couple of pics. Bike gets filthy easy so extenders is something I am interested in

Hi here's the pics of my tracer bits. Fender extender front and rear front has never been used. 2 versions of a phone holder which fits on the screen adjuster along with a ram mount x grip. Not bad for nothing!

20230408_212640.jpg

20230408_212621.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cam78 said:

Great. Thank you. Let me know how much you would like for postage and where to send it.

I'll weigh them tomorrow I'd imagine it will be around £5 and then send you a message