BMW GS1250 ADVENTURER SERVICING COST

Paul littleford

I have just had an oil and filter change on my R1200rt pretty much same engine and it was £139 this is classed as the annual service 

Only had it since June so can't say what cost the 6k and 12k services are also it will depend if the drive oil needs to be changes at the time and also the brake and clutch fluid 

With a 1250, given the bike will be new or a year or two old max, I'd say stick with a dealer service. When you come to sell it on or px, you'll find that potential buyers will likely to very sensitive to having a full dealer service record - and there will be plenty of other bikes to buy that have it. With an older bike, you have a different set of potential buyers, so if you're sure you're going to be keeping the bike for several years, the independent makes better sense.

Either way, as said above, phone them up and give them a call. 

When I had my 1200, I found the dealer service costs weren't that bad - perhaps £500 or £600 every 12,000 miles. The independents used to undercut this by about 15%. But the costs came in hard when things went wrong, so when the normal warranty runs out, I'd recommend getting the extended warranty. It's about £400 a year, but can save you shedloads.

10 hours ago, Gerontious said:

£100 per hour labour plus parts. Is about average for bmw.

To be exact its £95.99 where I went to yesterday! but unlike other places they divide that hour by 12 and charge you accordingly for the work

Most places charge a flat hour even if the job is only 30 mins