How Do you Protect your Bike?

On 28/10/2021 at 18:10, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Interesting idea, but it looks as though you will need a mounting bracket specific to each bike. Most locks tend to be generic and will fit many different bikes. How does that impact on development and production costs?

You are completely right
We have been working long time with our manufacturers and reached the point where development and production cost and time is pretty optimazed

On 29/10/2021 at 08:41, husoi said:

I like the concept.

The only thing I would be weary about is the lack of any warning that you're about to take off and you forgot to unlock the bike. 

Either a flashing LED at the front so you can't miss it that will link to the lock, or something that you will have to remove when unlocking the bike, this would also serve as deterrent to theft.

I was just wondering about that. 

I once tried to move my bike with a disc lock fitted… embarrassing. 

I only ever use a disc lock when travelling and have got into the habit of putting an Oxford disc lock minder (a bit of yellow curly cable) from the disc lock to one of my grips, usually the clutch side, wrapping it around the lever several times so I don’t try to set off with it fitted. 

This device needs something to prevent riding of with it engaged or there could be a very expensive result.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry for posting in a old thread. This looks pretty good, however, if it is a "One Push.." lock, and I'm assuming that means you just push it in to lock it, then what happens if some little scrote rides by and decides to give the lock a kick when you're either stationary at lights, or worse, slowly on the move, so you can't go anywhere while they get their crowbars out and nick your keys and bike?

2 hours ago, maxrpg said:

Sorry for posting in a old thread. This looks pretty good, however, if it is a "One Push.." lock, and I'm assuming that means you just push it in to lock it, then what happens if some little scrote rides by and decides to give the lock a kick when you're either stationary at lights, or worse, slowly on the move, so you can't go anywhere while they get their crowbars out and nick your keys and bike?

Suggest you look at their website and or watch the video.