How Do you Protect your Bike?

Hello there 
It’s Francesco from EasyBlock

I work for a new startup involved in the bike security world.

We make unique locks for bikes designed to protect the bike at any stop.

We want to be more involved with the riders community and this forum looks perfect for it.

All our products are Made in Italy,

Have a look at it on our website:

https://easyblock.com/

Please let me know what you think about the motorcycle security in general and in the specific if you think this product could help your community and save some bikes around!

Have a good one my friends!

Hi and welcome to the forum 

It looks a simple enough design and concept 

Any freebies to give away to a couple of members to try if they are interested so they can review it? 

• Like 2

You will have to consider the weight of the bike as a factor together with location.

Usually disk lock is the preferred option for a short/medium duration stop.

For overnight security then you will be talking about something more robust and that looks too hard to be tempered with as a deterrent like strong chains.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Hi and welcome to the forum 

It looks a simple enough design and concept 

Any freebies to give away to a couple of members to try if they are interested so they can review it? 

Hi there, thanks a lot for your welcoming in this forum.

I`ll be more than happy to organize a give away with the members of the forum, plus we can give your followers a special discount CODE just for you.

Can we have a private conversation about it? 😃 

1 minute ago, Francesco said:

Hi there, thanks a lot for your welcoming in this forum.

I`ll be more than happy to organize a give away with the members of the forum, plus we can give your followers a special discount CODE just for you.

Can we have a private conversation about it? 😃 

Yes feel free to drop me a message :D 

7 minutes ago, husoi said:

You will have to consider the weight of the bike as a factor together with location.

Usually disk lock is the preferred option for a short/medium duration stop.

For overnight security then you will be talking about something more robust and that looks too hard to be tempered with as a deterrent like strong chains.

You are completely right. Our Lock is studied mainly for short stops, but in the overnight time we suggest anyway to use more security device to avoid unpleasant surprises.

• Like 1

Then if you have a bike that weights 300kg like mine and you live in Scotland where anything that heavy is not worth any trouble, then you just leave the bike without any security :thumb: 

Slick web site. 

Tbh, I think the product works best for delivery guys: for them, the ease of setting the easylock might be a real win. But I doubt it would win people over who are leaving their bikes at work all day or outside all night.

I like the concept.

The only thing I would be weary about is the lack of any warning that you're about to take off and you forgot to unlock the bike. 

Either a flashing LED at the front so you can't miss it that will link to the lock, or something that you will have to remove when unlocking the bike, this would also serve as deterrent to theft.

3 hours ago, husoi said:

I like the concept.

The only thing I would be weary about is the lack of any warning that you're about to take off and you forgot to unlock the bike. 

Either a flashing LED at the front so you can't miss it that will link to the lock, or something that you will have to remove when unlocking the bike, this would also serve as deterrent to theft.

Or it being shoved In but not by you. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bonio said:

Slick web site. 

Tbh, I think the product works best for delivery guys: for them, the ease of setting the easylock might be a real win. But I doubt it would win people over who are leaving their bikes at work all day or outside all night.

HI There, yes I share your point. We always suggest for the stops overnight to put as many safety devices as possible! Anyway in any case, we already have testimonies of real videos that only with EasyBlock they did not manage to steal the bike because they did not understand what was blocking it.

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Or it being shoved In but not by you. 

4 hours ago, husoi said:

I like the concept.

Hi There, With EasyBlock you are going to receive a "reminder". That should avoid any kind of distraction because is going to be with the keys of the lock and the bike all the time. 

Do you wanna bet?

When I had my Africa Twin I had the key for the disk lock together with the bike's key and that didn't stop me to try to take off with the lock on the wheel. 🙄

That's why now I have the lock with the horrible yellow coil.

Your system is good, although a bit expensive, but gets hidden under the muffler.

Edited by husoi

6 hours ago, Francesco said:

Hi There, With EasyBlock you are going to receive a "reminder". That should avoid any kind of distraction because is going to be with the keys of the lock and the bike all the time. 

I only ever have the ignition key on its own. I hate keys jangling in the headstock during each and every journey.
I have a very similar system on my ebike but 9 times out of 10 I don’t use it preferring a cable lock. My motorcycle insurance company insists on a SRA certified lock.

Edited by DuRavary
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DuRavary said:

I only ever have the ignition key on its own. I hate keys jangling in the headstock during each and every journey.
I have a very similar system on my ebike but 9 times out of 10 I don’t use it preferring a cable lock. My motorcycle insurance company insists on a SRA certified lock.

I hate keys on headstock too 😁 

• Thanks 1