Starting a Custom Motorcycle Company ... 2023

I'm going to start a Custom Bike Company from my garage to start with and then we'll see how it goes.

I don't need any advise as to weather I am doing the right thing and telling me it'll never make money... I dont care about that and Ive heard it all before!

I'm doing it because I want to, and for the love of bikes. This is not a money making venture ( I have a nice little company doing well that takes care of the bills!)

This is a passion project.

I'm just interested to find out what the current trends are with regards t bike styles. I'm still very much into Bobbers like the CCM Spitfire, but I belive that Flat Trackers are becoming very popular.

After watching Guy Skid Wilisons You Tube video and seeing what his 5four company is doing with the Honda CMX500 Rebel, I really like that style!

Anyway just curious on your thoughts...

Just now, Ian Frog said:

Whatever anyone`s thoughts regards fashion (about which I know Jack). May I be the first to wish you the very best of luck with this.

Cheers

Ian

Thank you! That's very kind of you!

Would be interested to see what you come up with. Love seeing custom bikes. I reckon old school choppers are due a return, that and apocalyptic builds. I'm probably completely wrong but best of luck and post some stuff up even if its workshop progress etc.

34 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Whatever anyone`s thoughts regards fashion (about which I know Jack). May I be the first to wish you the very best of luck with this.

Cheers

Ian

Not quite what he said but why copy someone else has done if your doing this for passion. 
Take inspiration from ideas and build what you would like to ride.

3 minutes ago, goat said:

Would be interested to see what you come up with. Love seeing custom bikes. I reckon old school choppers are due a return, that and apocalyptic builds. I'm probably completely wrong but best of luck and post some stuff up even if its workshop progress etc.

Cheers! Ive seen a few Steampunk bikes that look good, not sure though, probably would be too hard to sell on?

3 minutes ago, onesea said:

Not quite what he said but why copy someone else has done if your doing this for passion. 
Take inspiration from ideas and build what you would like to ride.

Because even though Im not in it to make profit, Id like to break even!

I know you need to create a body of work but how about advertising that you are doing custom bikes and try and get a punter in and work out a doable project? Sadly I don't want to customise my bike!

There is a market out there for all sorts of custom bikes but building one from scratch with your ideas is all good and well but you would then need someone to buy it with that taste! 

I think the challenge will be getting it just right that its customised and just right in that a fair few people like it and want to buy it and doing a good job so it looks smart and well built and not cheap and tacky

There is also a market for custom bikes like older LC's with modern suspension and wheels etc so it might be worth exploring that avenue too I know someone who just spent over 20k getting one built for him :shock: 

At one point cafe racers was the in thing too but not sure if there is a great demand for them! but saying all that if you are building one bike at a time then you only need one buyer

Good luck with it and I hope it works out for you :thumb: 

Trends come and go all the time. It's hard pinpointing what might be the next big thing. But building something that's hot now, might be  dated when finished.

I think the key would be tasteful modifications to what ever you choose to build.

good luck with the venture.

Edited by bud