New Discs and Pads - Bedding In Process

Fish

So today I fitted some new discs and pads to the bike, but I'm not sure if it's the same bedding in process as a car.

Start softly softly, then building up speed and heat into them. Correct process?

A mini version of the 'running in' process. as my owners manual says:

1. Avoid excessively hard braking.

2. Avoid continuous braking.

3. Operate front and rear brakes together. (which is about avoiding the chances of no.1)

New brakes. new tyres. doesn't matter, this is how I do it. Because in both cases its the same as having a brand new bike.

Just make sure the pads adjust to the disks and gaps are where they are supposed during the first few miles.

Give it a strong breaking a couple times to make sure everything is going well and enjoy the new brakes :thumb: 

18 hours ago, geofferz said:

Like the engine, I don't bother with crap like this - I suspect it's all old wives takes. Just don't absolutely hammer it and you will fine I reckon. 

That^^. Whether it's a whole new bike or just new pads, new tyres etc. I just ride normally until I get used to the feel of it.

Don't rag the tits off it but don't baby it either.

• Like 2